Options

210-255 SECOPS Passed! CCNA Cyber Ops complete!

KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
Happy to put this one behind me and now ready for a little certification break.

I was one of the Cisco Scholarship winners so I went through the Cisco curriculum, videos, and labs with Global Knowledge. I also joined the FB group which has a great Gap Document that gives you other things to focus on that may not have been emphasized in the training. You should be familiar with all of the blueprint topics obviously. Make sure to not only know the Cyber Kill Chain Model, VERIS, and Diamond Model of Intrusion, but also examples of how different breaches and attacks map into those models. This one was harder than SECFND but easier than I thought it would be.

Kyrak
Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator

Comments

• Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kyrak wrote: »
    Happy to put this one behind me and now ready for a little certification break.

I was one of the Cisco Scholarship winners so I went through the Cisco curriculum, videos, and labs with Global Knowledge. I also joined the FB group which has a great Gap Document that gives you other things to focus on that may not have been emphasized in the training. You should be familiar with all of the blueprint topics obviously. Make sure to not only know the Cyber Kill Chain Model, VERIS, and Diamond Model of Intrusion, but also examples of how different breaches and attacks map into those models. This one was harder than SECFND but easier than I thought it would be.

Kyrak

Can you post a link to the FB CyberOps group? is it public or private group

p.s. Great job!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Cuse0311Cuse0311 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! This is definitely on my list!
  • Options
    phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grats on the pass!

I honestly thought SECOPS was easier than SECFND, and I scored better on it as well.

Don't forget the truly separate sources you need in SECOPS (the ones you mentioned are taught in the course materials): NIST 800-61r2, NIST 800-86, CVSS specs, and regex basics.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! All the best in your next Cert!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on completing the CCNA Cyber Ops! I'll be starting my cohort in July. Can't wait.
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    Can you post a link to the FB CyberOps group? is it public or private group

p.s. Great job!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/414895922232717/

Thanks everyone for the kudos! And Lonerwolf all those are in the Gap document from the FB group I mentioned as well.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□