CEH v10 and Practical

ConstantSageConstantSage Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Looks like EC Council just updated to the CEH v10 and also are bringing out a more hands on type exam, the CEH Practical. Did this come out of nowhere or was this expected to come out soon? They have some info on their website but not a ton.

https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/

Comments

• kmclinkkmclink Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think you read that correctly. They released a brand new 'additional' test that is 6 hour / 20 question / hands-on that requires you to be a CEH. Looks like they are going to a model similar to the CCIE? Where do you see v10 mentioned? All I see is CEH (Practical) which is a totally different test.
  • ConstantSageConstantSage Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • kmclinkkmclink Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I didn't open all the pdfs, just the blue print and video.

Hmmm. I am starting to question EC-Council's integrity. I read thru some of the forum posts on the v8/v9 migration and it sounds like they botched that pretty badly, and now it sounds like they are doing it again with v10? Did anyone hear this announced prior to the latest revelations on the website? After sitting thru a class and reading a couple books, I understood that there were going to be no more mention of version numbers. Now there is a new version and an additional test, that obviously is going to cheapen the standard CEH? It is looking like there is no concern for the certified base, but just the money they rake in. This is disappointing?
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How often do they come out with different versions of tests?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    @kmclink as the semi-official president of the ECHC (EC Council Haters Club) I completely undertand what you are saying icon_smile.gif
  • DiskpakDiskpak Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I asked about the V10 information for the exam. A (EC-Council) in chat stated: Since I attended the V9 course, I will get the V9 version of the test. I did look at the new outline for V10 and noticed a few of the modules have changed. I will post below.

Have a great day!

[h=3]What is New in CEH Version 10 Course[/h][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 01: Introduction to Ethical Hacking[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 02: Footprinting and Reconnaissance[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 03: Scanning Networks[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 04: Enumeration[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 05: Vulnerability Analysis[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 06: System Hacking[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 07: Malware Threats[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 08: Sniffing[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 09: Social Engineering[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 10: Denial-of-Service[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 11: Session Hijacking[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 12: Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 13: Hacking Web Servers[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 14: Hacking Web Applications[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 15: SQL Injection[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 16: Hacking Wireless Networks[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 17: Hacking Mobile Platforms[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 18: IoT Hacking[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 19: Cloud Computing[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Module 20: Cryptography

[/FONT]
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wasn't this company founded by a marketing guy? I just don't see it happening without ending up being a half-baked, barely good enough product, yet looking amazing in the brochure.

Perhaps if they pay a third party to design and run the lab, but I get the impression that EC Council is more interested in squeezing pennies than putting their heart into making an awesome learning and certification experience. Year after year after year, their product history is proof of that.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • KlinecoreKlinecore Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone tracking how long v9 will be valid for? I was planning on taking the exam the last week of June. Hopefully there is an overlap period, which would likely follow along with the FY making v9 valid until September 29th 2018?

Anyone have any idea?

I can also try emailing ECC to see if I can get a response on this.
  • daxin09daxin09 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Klinecore wrote: »
    Anyone tracking how long v9 will be valid for? I was planning on taking the exam the last week of June. Hopefully there is an overlap period, which would likely follow along with the FY making v9 valid until September 29th 2018?

Anyone have any idea?

I can also try emailing ECC to see if I can get a response on this.

What is ECC's response?
    I asked ECC's support, and his answer was that the exam was based on blueprint.
    I checked blueprint and now there is no module for v10 such as Internet of things and AI.
  • KlinecoreKlinecore Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Official ECC Response:

[FONT=&quot]EC-Council Support Team (EC-Council Support Forums)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mar 26, 09:04 IST[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hi *Name omitted*,

Thank you for writing to us

We have launched CEHV10 courseware on March 14th 2018.

CEH is a single exam and does not carry any specific version number. The training versions may change and get upgraded from time to time, the exam will always follow the blueprint at https://cert.eccouncil.org/images/doc/CEH-Exam-Blueprint-v2.0.pdf . Hence you can proceed to take the exam
    with the exam voucher you have .

Thanks & Regards,
    *Name omitted*,
    EC-Council Support Team.
    https://www.eccouncil.org/[/FONT]

• UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just purchased CEH sybex V9; please don't tell me it's outdated?
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • daxin09daxin09 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just purchased CEH sybex V9; please don't tell me it's outdated?

Right now,It is work...
  • elbennettelbennett Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As I am in the throws of studying for V9 when is the test supposed to swith to 10. I do not want to burn any coins going down the wrong road.
    2018| CEH | CYSA
    2019-PROJECT + | VMWARE CERT
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @kmclink as the semi-official president of the ECHC (EC Council Haters Club) I completely undertand what you are saying icon_smile.gif
    Cyberguypr never gets old with the eccouncil hate.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As it stands there are 2 CEH v10 exams. Once you pass the CEH v10, you are eligible for the Practical CEH. That voucher alone costs ~ $550 USD. This does not include the iLAB access. I am in the CEH v10 class and some of the labs are not working in Kali.This is why I would recommend the ilabs.

....about the practical from EC- Council

About the Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)

CEH Practical is a six-hour, rigorous exam that requires you to demonstrate the application of ethical hacking techniques such as threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, etc. to solve a security audit challenge.

This is the next step after you have attained the highly acclaimed Certified Ethical Hacker certification.

Professionals that possess the C|EH credential will be able to sit for exam that will test them to their limits in unearthing vulnerabilities across major operating systems, databases, and networks.

You will be given limited time, just like in the real world. The exam was developed by a panel of experienced SMEs and includes 20 real-life scenarios with questions designed to validate essential skills required in the ethical hacking domains as outlined in the C|EH program.

It is not a simulated exam but rather, it mimics a real corporate network through the use of live virtual machines, networks, and applications, designed to test your skills. You will be presented with scenarios and will be asked to demonstrate the application of the knowledge acquired in the C|EH course to find solutions to real-life challenges.

I hope this helps.
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Klinecore said:
    Official ECC Response:

[FONT=&quot]EC-Council Support Team (EC-Council Support Forums)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mar 26, 09:04 IST[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hi *Name omitted*,

Thank you for writing to us

We have launched CEHV10 courseware on March 14th 2018.

CEH is a single exam and does not carry any specific version number. The training versions may change and get upgraded from time to time, the exam will always follow the blueprint at https://cert.eccouncil.org/images/doc/CEH-Exam-Blueprint-v2.0.pdf . Hence you can proceed to take the exam
    with the exam voucher you have .

Thanks & Regards,
    *Name omitted*,
    EC-Council Support Team.
    https://www.eccouncil.org/[/FONT]

Blueprint was updated to version 3.0: