MCSA: Office 365

Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I passed my 347 exam today. I used CBT Nuggets, which was a little outdated. Also relied on 2 years of Office 365 experience. The test wasn't as hard as I expected but definitely requires some experience.

Comments

• twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm almost ready, but as summer rolls in I'm losing focus
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Midnite8Midnite8 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you advise on the material you used besides CBT?
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!

We use O365 and I was looking into it but I couldn't really find anything for studying.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Midnite8 wrote: »
    Can you advise on the material you used besides CBT?

I used CBT and I work for a MSP, so doing a lot of migrations helped me with experience. Anything I need to do I used PowerShell first.
  • KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I noticed you have both the MCSA Server 2012 as well as the Office 365. I'm thinking of getting the MCSA Office 365 as my next cert. Would you say it's easier than the the Server exam? Are the questions worded tricky?
  • djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky wrote: »
    Congrats. I noticed you have both the MCSA Server 2012 as well as the Office 365. I'm thinking of getting the MCSA Office 365 as my next cert. Would you say it's easier than the the Server exam? Are the questions worded tricky?
    I've not done the O365 exams yet, but going from previous MCP exam experience, it will probably be at least around the same difficulty of MCSA: Server 2012. It also depends on your exposure and experience with O365. Some people click with Server better than other aspects of IT, so its hard to tell.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky wrote: »

Honestly, I would go for the Server 2016/2012 over Office 365. I only got the cert as my company needed for a competency for our partnership with Microsoft. I think this cert really doesn't do much for you career wise unless the company you are going to is in Office 365 or looking to migrate. Hope this helps.
  • instajohninstajohn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [h=2]MCSA: Office 365[/h]What is the main focus on the Exam?
    Which exam code is this one?
    Rosco2382 wrote: »
    Well I passed my 347 exam today. I used CBT Nuggets, which was a little outdated. Also relied on 2 years of Office 365 experience. The test wasn't as hard as I expected but definitely requires some experience.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    instajohn wrote: »
    Which exam code is this one?

70-346 and 70-347
    What is the main focus on the Exam?
    Rosco2382 wrote: »