Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oski252 wrote: »
    So I am going to have to obtain a Microsoft cert to work in Afghanistan. Thinking about going for the windows 7 configuration (70-680) cert.

I would go for a windows 10 cert, as everything should be windows 10 by now.
  • Options
    oski252oski252 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found out this morning that I don't have to obtain a Microsoft cert. I will be working towards the MCSA Windows Server 2016 while working.
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Shuaib2016 wrote: »
    Hello TECHEXAMS nation! my Secret was granted to me yesterday. Total wait time was 8 months & 15 days. Now waiting on my medical test then I will be put in " Ready to Deploy" queue. WAITING IS OVER!! SO HAPPY :D

You just got your clearance and you immediately broke one of the most important rules, declaring your level of clearance openly LOL. All of those forms they make you read and sign.....ya..... you're actually supposed to read them, they are very important.

My favorite is when we get applicants that have it listed on their resume and on linkedin....cmon people. Those resumes go straight to the trash.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »
    You just got your clearance and you immediately broke one of the most important rules, declaring your level of clearance openly LOL. All of those forms they make you read and sign.....ya..... you're actually supposed to read them, they are very important.

My favorite is when we get applicants that have it listed on their resume and on linkedin....cmon people. Those resumes go straight to the trash.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life.
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kuwait has the most ridiculous and dangerous driving I’ve ever seen in my life aside from maybe Egypt.

India had roads full of rickshaws and cattle just roaming the streets but still had a nice flow, and drivers that actually seemed attentive and deft. Kuwait is just people either recklessly driving 150 mph and aggressively flashing their lights or dead stop with traffic turning 2/3 lanes into 6 and moving into every available inch of open space without regard. A motorcycle there is a death wish.

Most African contracts are in Djibouti / camp lemonier. Not hard to find. Take a cursory glance at clearance jobs and/or go to the usual suspects sites directly and search.

GDIT is crazy and will get even decide with the CSRA acquisition. They are about to monopolize the space.
  • Options
    johndoee wrote: »
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life.

There are forms that you sign upon submitting for your clearance that clearly spell out that you are in no way shape or form allowed to openly declare your level of clearance to those without a need to know and then it even goes on to list certain situations that are not acceptable for listing your clearance, such as resumes and social media profiles.

You can however list that you have a clearance, you just can not list the level.

We throw those resumes away because these people obviously don't take holding a clearance seriously and they just failed OPSEC 101 by including their level of clearance on their resume.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can however list that you have a clearance, you just can not list the level.

We throw those resumes away because these people obviously don't take holding a clearance seriously and they just failed OPSEC 101 by including their level of clearance on their resume.
    The statement that you can't list your clearance level is incorrect. This link (https://www.nsa.gov/resources/everyone/prepub/assets/files/resume-dos-donts.pdf) is the NSA guidelines for resumes. Bullets under "you may" include:

"Acknowledge that you are cleared TOP SECRET (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Intelligence (SI)/TALENT-KEYHOLE (TK) as appropriate."

and

"Say that you have had an Agency Special Background Investigation (SBI) and/or polygraph along with dates of the polygraph."
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    EANx wrote: »
    The statement that you can't list your clearance level is incorrect. This link (https://www.nsa.gov/resources/everyone/prepub/assets/files/resume-dos-donts.pdf) is the NSA guidelines for resumes. Bullets under "you may" include:

"Acknowledge that you are cleared TOP SECRET (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Intelligence (SI)/TALENT-KEYHOLE (TK) as appropriate."

and

"Say that you have had an Agency Special Background Investigation (SBI) and/or polygraph along with dates of the polygraph."

That fits along what I have heard as well. I have been told however that we are not supposed to say what "SCI" stands for, which seems silly since by no virtually everyone in the world already knows by now.
  • Options
    oski252oski252 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a question for anyone who has been thru CRC. I currently use a CPAP. I was wondering if this would disqualify me in anyway. I currently have a contingent offer for Afghanistan. Thanks!
  • Options
    Well that would be for the NSA, it will be different based upon who you work for and where you work. I know the Navy does not allow me to list me clearance level.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It might differ from command to command but based on this document with examples from Sea Systems Command, it's not a Navy-wide prohibition: http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Portals/103/Documents/WW_Employment/WW_Documents/Federal%20Resume%20Samples.pdf
  • Options
    EANx wrote: »
    It might differ from command to command but based on this document with examples from Sea Systems Command, it's not a Navy-wide prohibition: http://www.navsea.navy.mil/Portals/103/Documents/WW_Employment/WW_Documents/Federal%20Resume%20Samples.pdf

So you are correct, in my case it is command specific, I just confirmed this with my ISSM.

Also, I love the person who keeps coming up with these ridiculous negative rep comments. They always give me a good laugh.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I remember distinctly in my transition class out of the Army over 20 years ago, we were told not only were we permitted to put our clearance on our resume, it was recommended we did when we applied for government or government contract jobs. Granted that was a long time ago and policies change quite often, but nothing I've heard so far suggests that has changed nor has ever once have I been chewed out for putting my clearance on my resume.

Now, what you don't do is go around telling people you have a clearance, especially while outside the United States, and you don't discuss your job if you are on a government contract that requires a clearance. When anyone asks me, I just tell them "IT Manager".

LOL it ain't me negging you. I save my reps to help those who provide useful information, not to tear down others.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So you are correct, in my case it is command specific, I just confirmed this with my ISSM.

Also, I love the person who keeps coming up with these ridiculous negative rep comments. They always give me a good laugh.

You gotta share. "Your mother was a goat and your father smelled of elder berries."
  • Options
    So, the recruiter sent my info on to the hiring manager. He said I should hear something back by mid-week.
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    So, the recruiter sent my info on to the hiring manager. He said I should hear something back by mid-week.

What position did you apply for?
  • Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Iraq is in need of Service Desk / ADPE personnel.

If anyone is looking for this type of work, please apply online.

Rates are:

$28/Hr
    60HR work week
    70% uplift for first 40HRS (-10% Iraq Tax) (hourly base rate x uplift)
    50% OT for anything over 40HRS (hourly base rate x OT rate)
    $13,000 End of Contract Bonus
    $3000 travel
    *You can claim foreign income tax credit on your Taxes. I was able to get credited for ~$7K / -$19K (Iraq PIT). Not the full amount, but w/e.

You need:
    Active Secret Clearance
    Security+ minimum
    Server+ or MCSA 2012 at a minimum

Contract is good until NOV 2019
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oski252 wrote: »
    I have a question for anyone who has been thru CRC. I currently use a CPAP. I was wondering if this would disqualify me in anyway. I currently have a contingent offer for Afghanistan. Thanks!

The apnea isn't as big a deal as it once was. You will need a medical waiver. To get one you will probably be asked for a copy of you last sleep study and the log files from the CPAP device proving regular use. They don't want you expiring from not using the CPAP as prescribed. Just ask your doctor for a copy of the study and the CPAP will either allow you to copy the report to a thumbdrive or a retrieve a code to produce a report depending on the manufacturer.

I don't know the criteria they use for Afghanistan vs. other vacation destinations, so I can't say.

Good luck
  • Options
    peteyfbabypeteyfbaby Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you send me the apply link?
    LittleBIT wrote: »

Rates are:

$28/Hr
    60HR work week
    $3000 travel
    *You can claim foreign income tax credit on your Taxes. I was able to get credited for ~$7K / -$19K (Iraq PIT). Not the full amount, but w/e.

You need:
    Active Secret Clearance
    Security+ minimum

• Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LittleBIT wrote: »

Rates are:

$28/Hr
    60HR work week
    $3000 travel

You need:
    Active Secret Clearance
    Security+ minimum

Thanks for this LittleBIT,

Wanted to know if there is any flexibility regarding the clearance? I have my interim clearance and currently on the Vectrus "ready to deploy" list.

aljaha2
  • Options
    How long have you been waiting?
    aljaha2 wrote: »
    Thanks for this LittleBIT,

Wanted to know if there is any flexibility regarding the clearance? I have my interim clearance and currently on the Vectrus "ready to deploy" list.

aljaha2
  • Options
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting?

Hey Peteyfbaby,

I was cleared by occumed near the end of january 2018 and my recruiter stated that my status is "ready to deploy". So I've been waiting for almost 60 days.
  • Options
    Thanks...I guess I'll forget about it. Out of sight out of mind...
    Hey Peteyfbaby,

I was cleared by occumed near the end of january 2018 and my recruiter stated that my status is "ready to deploy". So I've been waiting for almost 60 days.
  • Options
    peteyfbaby wrote: »
    Thanks...I guess I'll forget about it. Out of sight out of mind...

How long have you been waiting peteyfbaby?
  • Options
    How long have you been waiting peteyfbaby?

about a month, so I know I can't complain
  • Options
    Got my offer letter today. Any FEIE experts want to holler at me? This offer is only good for me if I don't have to pay taxes on it.
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Got my offer letter today. Any FEIE experts want to holler at me? This offer is only good for me if I don't have to pay taxes on it.

Not an expert by any means, but essentially there's the physical presence test ( 330 days NOT in the US) and the bona fide residence test (basically as long as you don't stay in the US for long periods of time)

The FEIE starts on day 1 of working with company, so say you were to start tomorrow, you aren't paying the 30-40% of federal taxes.
    However, you still pay Social Security/Medicare and you're responsible for taxes above the 102k or so threshold.
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it's pretty straightforward. if you plan to stay a year, you're good. or i guess 330 days out of the us more specifically. and you choose the 'physical presence' option regarding why you will be exempt
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also, if you're offer was for SWACC or RCC-SWA Vuln Analyst or IAVM, I have more of a day to day rundown.
  • Options
    Donklander wrote: »
    Also, if you're offer was for SWACC or RCC-SWA Vuln Analyst or IAVM, I have more of a day to day rundown.

It was for SWACC Vulnerability Analyst. Any insight you could offer is appreciated.