Options

cannt get into Cisco 2509 Access server

bscheinhoftbscheinhoft Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
While using/learning Xmodem to reinstall IOS on my cisco 2509, I was trying the delete flash and wanted to delete the IOS and then reinstall c2500-is-l.123-24.bin. I deleted the partition and flash. I set the configure-register to 1152000 and put in 0x3922, did a reload and pushed yes. Now when I boot up I get (see below) with flashing cursor only. I know this is probably due to the baud rate that i changed on the router and said yes at the reload. How do I get back into the router. Is it hosed? I am sitting at the router I cannot boot into. I am using SecureCRT as I cannot boot this router. Any advice or solution, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brian

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you change the baud rate setting in SecureCRT as well? The documentation I read said the router will boot into ROM if the initial boot fails with h the config register that you set. If you’re able to get into ROM/ROMMON you should be able to tell the router to boot from a TFTP server. At that point all you would need to do is configure another switch/router or your computer as a TFTP server. Once you have the router booted you should be able to TFTP/SCP the image to the router’s flash.
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can change the baud rate for your session in SecureCRT by going right clicking on the session then go to "Properties" then Connnection->Serial->Baud Rate, and change it to match what you set on the router.