Goodbye to BIOS soon

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
If UEFI replaces BIOS with the new PCs soon, would there be any major changes on the Motherboard?
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    coldbug wrote: »
    If UEFI replaces BIOS with the new PCs soon, would there be any major changes on the Motherboard?

What? icon_scratch.gif Is this a prank
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    hehe :) Smaller Chips? I don't know. lol
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well UEFI has been in use since 2007 with Vista. I'm not expecting to see any "major" changes just because there a hard deadline now. But speaking of major changes, how about that DirectX raytracing icon_cheers.gif
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've heard about this a long time ago from Maximumpc.com. It sounds like a major change in the PC world so it may take years before going mainstream.
    AnthonX
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    This is new and exciting ;)

j/k
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First IPv4 running out of space, and now this!
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any motherboard bought in recent years has come with a UEFI rather than a BIOS. Nothing new, and it's an ease-of-use thing more than anything. Don't panic about it.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • brunagaribrunagari Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • x12319xx12319x Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    its a good step forward, but nothing to worry about too much.