Options

Cyberops certified!!!

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed SECOPS 210-255:å
Score: 912/1000
Self Study

I guessed on 10 questions and did faily well; alot of this exam is concepts and DO NOT OVERTHINK THIS EXAM!!!

I've notice a serious overlap with exam objectives from SECFND and SECOPS. I also notice SECOPS is simply 10 chapters (not much)

As soon as you pass SECFND start right away on SECOPS it's only 10 chapters!! The more time in between the more things you may forget and theirs a lot of overlap that you could build on!

Experience:
- 1.5 years in INFOSEC
= my brief time at my new job, i was able to learn so much and their was a large overlap on what i do.
- M.S Degree in Cyber Security
- Sec +
- Failed CCNA R/S Twice! (ON HOLD)
- Experience with Incident Handling
- Experience with SIEM (SPLUNK) Exp with Regex
- Experience with Python

What helped me immensely, after reading SECOPS Cisco Press book:

How I Studied:
- Skip the chapter questions
- Read through the book cover to cover.
- Attempt to answer the questions from each chapter after finishing the book.
- Argue and talk to your self; I literally would pretend to teach this topic out loud.

MOST IMPORTANT:
Break down the Exam Objectives and attempt to answer each objective from memory.

Similar to SECFND: https://vwannabe.com/2017/01/12/ccna-cyber-ops-certification/
- Displays a breakdown of the exam objectives but explained each one. I literally created my own.

Time Table:
After I Passed SECFND on Saturday at 4PM,
Immediately started to re-read SECOPS Cisco Press.
A few chapters were less than 12 pages, The longest chapter was the netflow chapter and chapter 8.

I completed chapter 7 on Sunday @ 2AM.
I completed the Chapter 10 on Sunday @ 9PM
Sunday night answer all the chapt questions

Monday (called out from work)
Exam Objectives
and attempt to answer in YOUR OWN WORDS each exam objectives.

Tuesday (called out from work)
Good NIST document summaries
- Highlight key concepts.
- Document key concepts on a paper.

- Document any RFC notated in the cisco press book
- Document any netflow related stuff (bc the netflow chapter was just outrageous!)
- Document any tools you thing you should know for the exam
- Document anything else that you're having issues.
- I documented a majority of terminology

I walked into the testing center still reading everything signed everything and started to write everything down on the whiteboard they provided.

Good LUCK
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Good study method.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!

need to finish mine up
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!

Were there any sims on either of these exams?
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    Congrats mate!

Were there any sims on either of these exams?

no sims on these.
  • Options
    I thought the vouchers go out a week after completing the chapters? How where you able to wait for the voucher and then schedule the exam, the timeline doesnt add up.
  • Options
    LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think OP did this on his own and not part of the scholarship cohorts? And congrats OP!

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • Options
    LonerVamp wrote: »
    I think OP did this on his own and not part of the scholarship cohorts? And congrats OP!

missed that.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Looking forward to this!! Thanks for sharing you strategy to pass SecOps! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank You all,

Yes, I did this on my own. I strongly encourage using the exam objectives, Cisco is really accurate with the exam objectives.
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA