Helpdesk Software

tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
My company is need of new/better ticketing system. We currently have a custom coded solution that requires a person to assign a ticket that is sent to a email distribution.

would like this automated and seems like a lot of solutions do this. Was curious what everyone is using or would recommend I look at. Preferably free or low cost, simple, automated

currently looking at spiceworks, freshdesk, and a sharepoint solutions.

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At my current job we use Service Now, and I think it's great. We use it for tracking calls, and seeing what was the biggest call driver.

I think the ticketing system is only as good as the people who design it, and the people who use it. For example, if someone miss labels a category, or misspells the customer's contact info, then it will be hard to track who called when, and on what issue.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I’ll check it out thanks. Ours is for internal only so doesn’t need to have any crazy special features.
  • albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I built out a simple proof of concept system in Sharepoint at my old job. Nothing flashy, just some pre-filled dropdown lists for categories, sub-categories, etc, and then workflows to drive the assignments/durations/escalations based on the categories they picked. I changed jobs before I got the greenlight to put it into production.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depending on your business need, you could look at Connectwise product.
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    oSticket. Open Source. We just started to use. :)
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can check for Service Now or Zen Desk.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We use HappyFox, have about 20 people on it. Works great for us, very customizable. https://www.happyfox.com/
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ll check those out
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    At my current job we use Service Now, and I think it's great. We use it for tracking calls, and seeing what was the biggest call driver.

I use service now but it's a pain to automate or setup a better workflow

let's say,

you need to create 100 tickets that have a quick code for deactivating accounts

what is the quickest way of doing it?

Some of the users don't have Service name Caller name so some of the tickets need the name in the description