Booked the 210-260 exam for next month

McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I have recently moved onto CCNA Security (210-260) and have been lightly studying for the past couple of weeks since attending a training course provided by Fast Lane. I have now booked an exam date to add some pressure. My current study materials are the Cisco Learning Labs documentation, SafariBooks for the video series and I have purchased the 31 Days before your CCNA Security Exam.

To supplement my theory I am playing around with VIRL and GNS3 as I only have access to limited kit at home.

If anyone could provide any pointers or great study materials it would much appreciated. Interested in hearing about previous exam experiences and if people feel the exam is relevant to the objectives.

Thanks in advance.
2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.

Comments

• joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know both the CCP ASDM ways of doing things, and the CLI. It's not like routing and switching.

As far as resources, the Official Cert Guide explains stuff well, but isn't really enough to be ready. I'd recommend supplementing it with the Boson practice exams. They go into a lot of detail about why an answer was right or wrong. CBT Nuggets complimented the cert guide well.
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know both the CCP ASDM ways of doing things, and the CLI. It's not like routing and switching.

As far as resources, the Official Cert Guide explains stuff well, but isn't really enough to be ready. I'd recommend supplementing it with the Boson practice exams. They go into a lot of detail about why an answer was right or wrong. CBT Nuggets complimented the cert guide well.

Thanks for you reply. As the exam date draws closer I really want to start focusing my studies and hopefully nail the exam on first attempt.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Cisco ASA Third Edition.

Its a big book, but it covers EVERYTHING
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I decided to reschedule the Exam and have postponed it for another week to really finalise my studies. Due to family life and the nature of my job I have missed out on valuable study time. Hopefully I can enter next week with more confidence and get the result I am hoping for.