Passed CSSLP!

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited July 2019 in CSSLP
I passed the CSSLP exam on my first try today! It was also my first (ISC)2 exam.

The exam was 4 hours long, 175 questions. As a programmer, I felt right at home with most of the questions. I think this exam really suited me well. :)

I might take another (ISC)2 exam this year, perhaps the CISSP.

The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CSSLP CBK, Second Edition and the CSSLP Certification All-in-One Exam Guide were the only two resources I used to prepare for the exam. There are actually no other resources out there for the CSSLP exam.
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

Would you consider the exam appropriate for an CISSP focused on security and infra but working with developper most of the time ? I have moderate programming experience, most of the time, I am debugging code on production :)
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Would you consider the exam appropriate for an CISSP focused on security and infra but working with developper most of the time ? I have moderate programming experience, most of the time, I am debugging code on production :)

I would suggest the CSSLP exam if you are working with developers like myself. It is an exam geared towards the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which both managers and non-tech folks should also know. Programming experience helps, but it is not a requirement for the exam.
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks you, another cert on the list :)
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I passed the same exam with the AIO and CBK as well.
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Congrats!

I passed the same exam with the AIO and CBK as well.

Besides the AIO and CBK, there are no other official study materials.
  • cemen777cemen777 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First, congratulation on passing CSSLP! Well done.
    Second, I would like to "question" your Avatar (**** solder). It is offensive to me and maybe to others as well who lost someone during WWII.
    I surprised it was allowed by Admin.
  • useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • cjnbcjnb Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!Did u see any multiple-choice question with more than one correct answers in the progress of exam? Long for advice,thanks.