Cisco 3602i WAP AC Module, will it do 2.4Ghz N, 5Ghz N and 5Ghz AC

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
Figure I would post this here since the CCNA-W forum doesn't get a lot of views. I have been going through the CCNA Wireless labs and have a bunch of different AP's to play with, 3502i,3502e,3602i,3702i's and had a question about the 3602i. Since the 3602i does 2.4Ghz N and 5Ghz N, When you add the 802.11ac module will it do AC an N 5Ghz simultaneously or is it one or the other? My 3702i will broadcast in both N and AC in the 5Ghz when I use the vWLC but will only do 2.4N and 5Ghz ac when I run the autonomous image. I was kicking around the idea of using the 3602i with AC module at my house for both 802.11N and AC. I have most of my devices on 5Ghz N but my security cameras still only do 2.4Ghz N. I have to buy the AC module out of my own pocket and figured I would consult TE community to see if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks!
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The answer is no. The 3602 will do both 2.4/5Ghz N and the AC module can only do Monitor mode in Autonomous mode and is really useless. Using a vWLC it broadcast in the beacons 2.4Ghz N, 5Ghz N/AC and can be used.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln