Project+ Certified!

TheWeathermanTheWeatherman Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
A little disclaimer before I begin, I do not have a PM background and did not receive any formal coursework. I decided to buy a book on Amazon and read it for about one week because why not? I sat for the exam this morning and was able to complete it in 30 minutes! I was exposed to some terms at work and through ITIL but that's BAU.

If I can do it, YOU can too!

I didn't encounter any grammatical errors like others have posted so maybe CompTIA fixed it. There were quite a few questions that made me do a double take because --ya know-- two answers sounded really good to me, so I scratched my head and flagged them for later review.

Study Materials

I used the Sybex CompTIA Project+ Study Guide, 2nd Edition by Kim Heldman and I have to say that the book was a pleasure to read. It didn't appear dry at any point but maybe that's because my organization is pivoting from archaic ways and embracing more modern methods that are in line with what Project+ builds upon.

Here are flash cards that I used which can be found here. Do a quick review prior to your exam!

My advice is to look through the relevant Project+ TE threads for some awesome tips provided by the community!

TL;DR - Study the key terms!

Comments

• medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I passed tonight too!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Moncif ELGAOUZIMoncif ELGAOUZI Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Weatherman and medic! I can see where having had ITIL Foundations would help.

I also took Project+, just when it first was released, with little PM experience. I had worked in IT for a few years, and figured understanding some basic PM concepts may be useful in a meeting as I had been an SME on a couple projects. Project+ was a good foundational cert.
  • TheWeathermanTheWeatherman Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ ThePawofRizzo:

Yeah! The material really highlighted the PM life cycle. In fact, I found that you can implement the practices into your daily operations with smaller but significant tasks.

@ Everybody else:

Thanks everyone! icon_cool.gif