ISC2 members - free forensics lab

IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
I stumbled across this today and wanted to share. ISC2 is giving members an opportunity to pilot a hands-on forensics lab. One catch, enrollment closes April 1st.

Once enrolled, you will have 60-120 days of access. Their enrollment email was unclear and I have not had the chance to log in yet but wanted to share with others.

Limited Time Opportunity: Free Forensics Lab - (ISC)² Blog

Enjoy!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Haven't heard about this. Signed up. Thanks for sharing.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thank you for the find, I've signed up. :) Sounds like it's going to be an interesting one.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good share!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks sharing
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for sharing, signed up.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Signed up! thanks for sharing! +Reps!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • blackberrycubedblackberrycubed Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for sharing, signed up!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I signed up. Like I have time. It was too good a deal to pass up. Thanks for the tip!
  • K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    I signed up. Like I have time. It was too good a deal to pass up. Thanks for the tip!

LOL.....me too but gosh, what a find! Thanks IaHawk.....much appreciated!
    I tried to log in several times, but nothing happens when I go to the lab link. Anyone else try it yet?
  • 1975rt1975rt Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    K-9 wrote: »
    I tried to log in several times, but nothing happens when I go to the lab link. Anyone else try it yet?
    Same. "You don't have any courses to display. If you believe this is an error, please contact your administrator."
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I can access with no issue. The content seems very old, circa 2010-2011. It only covers torrent-related stuff such as BitTorrent, P2PMarshall, and LimeWire (yes, that old thing).

Overall, extremely underwhelemed so I will abandon it.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I can access with no issue. The content seems very old, circa 2010-2011. It only covers torrent-related stuff such as BitTorrent, P2PMarshall, and LimeWire (yes, that old thing).

Overall, extremely underwhelemed so I will abandon it.

Maybe that's why it's free.
    Does it include microfiche and floppy disk forensics? Critically important stuff! :)
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This content isn't what you think it is. It's just some things about P2P forensics and it's old. It does not cover forensics on anything else.

I signed up for this a few months ago, then saw this thread and got excited about what it might be. Looked into ISC2 and checked it out. "Ooooh yeah, this thing."

I can't imagine this is worth $600...

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
    Is it from the old CCFP that they retired?