Cloud Security Cert

linux_girllinux_girl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I would like to obtain a cloud security cert. Which cert is the most popular one? I prefer non-vendor specific. Also, what reputable companies that you recommend for a boot camp?

Comments

• zlykotzlykot Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would search your locate area job postings, My guess is ISC2 CCSP from the security side and AWS/AZR from the infra perspective.

Personally I think people put too much trust into bootcamps, there are good high end bootcamp providers (SANS/Cylance) but if you want to get the value out of them I would study ahead of time and then come prepared. Other then that bootcamps offer time away from the office so that's always nice.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    What is your goal? Are you looking more to get a baseline of knowledge and add one to your resume to help with job prospects? If so, then go with the CCSK. Studying for it consists of reading two PDFs and the exam is online, at home. It costs about $300-350. The CCSP costs $600 I think, and will take a lot more time and dedication to studying for. It is a proctored exam. The CCSP has more job hits than the CCSK, but depending on your reasons for obtaining it, I would say go with the CCSK first.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Based on what I've read, for a track that is not vendor-specific: Cloud+ -> CCSK -> CCSP (ISC2) I think half the people who would want to do this likely would skip Cloud+ and go right to CCSK. Somewhere in there you could dive into whatever you want to get deeper on: AWS, MSCE (Azure), Google Cloud, or CCNA Cloud (UCS).

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    What is your goal? Are you looking more to get a baseline of knowledge and add one to your resume to help with job prospects? If so, then go with the CCSK. Studying for it consists of reading two PDFs and the exam is online, at home. It costs about $300-350. The CCSP costs $600 I think, and will take a lot more time and dedication to studying for. It is a proctored exam. The CCSP has more job hits than the CCSK, but depending on your reasons for obtaining it, I would say go with the CCSK first.

Like JoJoCal19 said i would really look into CCSK It has a great foundation In Cloud overall and then it moves towards security. But if your pass basic level cloud then jump to CCSP. But CCSK is a easy resume filler with great materials to study two exam attempts and self protected exam open book.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• linux_girllinux_girl Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Which reputable company provides the CCSP boot camp? I live in Southern California.