Thoughts on testout Linux pro

charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know everyone strongly recommends Linux Academy but has anyone tried using testout Linux pro to pass? I took the class in UMUC and I still have access to the course. I also have access to Safari books and I have started reading the book. I feel like I can tackle both exams by the end of the summer if I actually put forth the effort. I value the advice given here.
Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE

Comments

• duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Two years ago I did not like Linux+ course of Linuxacademy, so I've used Testout and Andrew Mallett course on Pluralsight to pass my Linux+ exams.
    Now they have updated courses for Linux+ with much of exercises, labs and quizzes. I've recommend it if someone don't have any resources, but if you have access on Testout, Robb Tracy is a very good instructor and his Linux+ course is pretty good.
    Also, if you have access to Safari, take this course:
    https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/comptia-linux/9780134426365/
    Sander van Vugt is one of best Linux instructor and those two courses with labs will be enough for pass Linux+ exams.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't care for Linux Academy. No idea on Testout Linux Pro, but Sander is the man. I heavily relied on his video courses for the LFCS. I'm considering investing some time into the Linux+ and didn't know Sander had a Safaribooks course for it. Thanks for sharing that.

Also, I don't see the need for using some kind of web-browser based labsim for learning Linux. Part of Linux+ is getting used to installing it and a headless distro will run on very meager hardware. I have a 5 year old netbook with 2GB of ram and even that can handle a full XFCE desktop Ubuntu in Virtualbox.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The videos on testout are easy to listen and so are the labs. What's the name of the course by
    Sander van Vugt
    ? I couldn't access the course by clicking on the link. I searched Safari books and saw that he thought a bunch of Linux courses.
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What's the name of the course by
    Sander van Vugt
    ? I couldn't access the course by clicking on the link. I searched Safari books and saw that he thought a bunch of Linux courses.
    Do search with "Sander van Vugt" and pick his "CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1" Course
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am using TestOut for Linux and am really happy with it so far. Haven't set for the Linux+ exam yet though.