IPV6 + SSH, how?

ciscobeginnerneedhelpasapciscobeginnerneedhelpasap Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
How do I access these switches via SSH if I'm using IPv6? Please give me your configuration as an example.
9fc2ddcbc5.png

This is my SSH configuration for, let's say, switch 3 (s3).

hostname switch3
username admin secret password
enable secret password
ipv6 unicast-routing
ip domain-name cisco.com
crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024
ip ssh version 2

line console 0
password cisco
login local
exec-timeout 15 0

line vty 0 15
exec-timeout 15 0
password cisco
login local
transport input ssh

interface vlan 10
ipv6 address 2001:13:10::15/64

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst

HOWEVER, when I start Putty, and type in 2001:13:10::15, nothing happens. No connection, nothing at all. Why? Please help me

edit: please assume I have full connectivity with all interfaces on the routers, switches, PCs etc.

Comments

• ciscobeginnerneedhelpasapciscobeginnerneedhelpasap Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You need routing protocols or static routes setup on the routers. Have you done this yet? What happens when you use traceroute?
  • ciscobeginnerneedhelpasapciscobeginnerneedhelpasap Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I've full connectivity. I just need to know how to access those 3 switches with IPv6 addresses via SSH.

Typing in 2001:13:10::15 in Putty with the port 22 will give me an error. Do I need to use ipv6 default gateway or something? I don't have that command on my switches with ipv6 unicast-routing enabled.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Can you connect via other network devices? Is this in GNS3/VIRL or real gear? What is the error message? Do your PCs have IPv6 configured? There are many questions...you say you have full connectivity so you should have everything working but that is obviously not the case.
    Yes, real gear. Yes, I can ping, there's full connectivity. I just need to know the configuration for SSH on a switch to get it fully working. Does my configuration look fine?
  • DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do a " show IP Interface brief " on the switch. I would do a debug of SSH to see what is going on.