CISCO firePOWER Courses/Training

McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey all, I am currently looking for a site that has some good training videos for using and managing firePOWER services/FTD.

I have found a site called lammle.com that looks to be good but I'm not finding a ton of reviews on it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Although I have no experience with Todd's offering, I;ve heard nothign but goos things about it. I am sure someone here will chime in.

What I will tell you is that I recently took the official Cisco Firepower class and it was awful. Instructor was just a slide reader and couldn't answer 80% of the questions the students posed.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    What I will tell you is that I recently took the official Cisco Firepower class and it was awful. Instructor was just a slide reader and couldn't answer 80% of the questions the students posed.

Ya, the previous person who was in my current role has had nothing but bad things to say about Ciscos documentation and courses for FirePOWER. His favorite answer to give me is "Welcome to the infuriating world of Cisco Security" LOL.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Labminutes.com is your friend. Tons of free FTD and Firepower videos
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    There is also an FTD book by Ciscopress that just came out and is decent. Also a ton of free videos on Cisco live. Look for anything with William Young in it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Thank you for the suggestions!

I looked into the labminutes site and that would have been decent if I didn't have access to skill port, both were very hard to pay attention to.

I did however sign up at lammle.com just to try it out for a month and I am impressed. Todd really knows his stuff and his videos have been the best that I have been able to find so far. My favorite thing about his videos is that he doesn't work for Cisco so he gives it to you straight. By that I mean he provides his thoughts on whether certain services/features should be used or not.
    Skillport? What do you mean? Labminutes is just videos off a website in the open. I'd wager that Metha knows Firepower more than Lammle. I found some errors and omissions in the Lammle books
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd wager that Metha knows Firepower more than Lammle

I think I’d have to agree.

Jason Maynard has good content on YouTube. You can also check out the videos sold by RouteHub (RouteHub)
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been looking for this too. Some good resources thanks
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
    Skillport? What do you mean? Labminutes is just videos off a website in the open. I'd wager that Metha knows Firepower more than Lammle. I found some errors and omissions in the Lammle books

The couple of videos that I orignally watched for lab minutes were on par with what I had watched from Skillport BUT I just started watching all of the Labminutes videos and I retract my previous statement lol

I watched all of the Lammle videos and while they are good and easy to pay attention to, he does leave out some very important info on a few things. The areas that Lammle fails to mention are covered by Labminutes and covered very well at that.

For example, Lammle does not even mention the FUA and integrating it with LDAP. This is a very important piece of info that I feel should have been mentioned.