Options

Looking to get some opinnions

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I have been on different Boards and sites and it never fails.

I have this philosophy when it comes to learning or studying for a cert. Study the subject you want to pass you don't have to study something you don't want to take to pass something you want to pass.

What I mean Is Taking A+ too take Network+, Or Net+ to take Sec+ plus or Net+ to take CCNA.

Now I understand that there are benefits to taking other technology classes but to say that a person cant or is stupid because they dont want to take one class to go and take another class is mind boggling to me.
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to say but if you're referring on why we recommend a certain sequence of order for taking certs it's because sometimes there is prerequisite or sometimes a higher level cert requires knowledge that happens to be part of another cert
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't get it either, maybe because it's being a long day for me. Are you talking about bypassing foundational (lesser?) certs, like going directly to CCNA instead of Net+?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds they were reading where people where telling other people they "had" to take another cert in order to pass another cert. Or it would be stupid if they didn't get x cert before y cert. Non prerequisite ones.

Can't say I see people say stuff like that often, but I agree if you want a specific cert there isn't a need to take another if it isn't a prerequisite. Sometimes it can make sense depending on a person's experience and where they are at. But agree in those you mentioned.