CCSA Study advice needed

Hey,

I know checkpoint may not be popular around here, but I might as well ask, how do you guys study for your ccsa exams? Do you even bother to re-certify. A potential employer is looking for checkpoint stuff so im more than happy to study for this.

Any advice on what materials etc I may need? i know checkpoint has materials but damm it`s expensive.

Comments

• FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Seems checkpoint is not as popular as Fortinet or Cisco
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The thing with Checkpoint and Palo Alto is that once you get the first cert, its usually a smooth ride, compared with Cisco Security certifications which are a totally different beast and no smooth sailing :p

You can perhaps ask your employer to send you to CheckPoint training?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
    JustFred wrote: »
    The thing with Checkpoint and Palo Alto is that once you get the first cert, its usually a smooth ride, compared with Cisco Security certifications which are a totally different beast and no smooth sailing :p

You can perhaps ask your employer to send you to CheckPoint training?

My employer does not want to pay lol. Well ill find a way I guess
  • victor.s.andreivictor.s.andrei Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fadakartel wrote: »
    Seems checkpoint is not as popular as Fortinet or Cisco

*snort*

Next time, think before you speak.

Check Point is VERY popular in large enterprise networks - you'll find it in financials, at the very minimum.

Check Point's FireWall-1 in the early to mid '90s was one of the the first enterprise firewall products. Ditto for VPN-1. Hell, stateful packet inspection was invented by Check Point.
    Fadakartel wrote: »
    My employer does not want to pay lol. Well ill find a way I guess

It's called RTFM. Check Point has numerous admin guides available on its site. If you really want to get official courseware, pony up $600 (which is still better than the $5,000 for the CCSA+CCSE bundle). Download SmartDashboard and run it in demo mode. Get some ISOs and trial licensing.
    Q4 '18 Certification Goals: Cisco ICND2; JNCIA-Junos; Linux+; Palo Alto ACE

2018-2020 Learning Goals: non-degree courses in math (Idaho, Illinois NetMath, VCU) and CS/EE (CU Boulder, CSU)
    in preparation for an application to MS Math + CS/EE dual-master's degree program at a US state school TBD by Q4'21

To be Jedi is to face the truth...and choose.
    Give off light...or darkness, Padawan.
    Be a candle...or the night.
    (Yoda)
    *snort*

Next time, think before you speak.

Check Point is VERY popular in large enterprise networks - you'll find it in financials, at the very minimum.

Check Point's FireWall-1 in the early to mid '90s was one of the the first enterprise firewall products. Ditto for VPN-1. Hell, stateful packet inspection was invented by Check Point.

It's called RTFM. Check Point has numerous admin guides available on its site. If you really want to get official courseware, pony up $600 (which is still better than the $5,000 for the CCSA+CCSE bundle). Download SmartDashboard and run it in demo mode. Get some ISOs and trial licensing.

Thanks but I was referring to checkpoint popularity on the forum......
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    imo, there is a shortage of qualified checkpoint engineers. with that said, when there is a shortage of qualified engineers, organizations and solution providers will pay well. we saw this with the Cisco and Microsoft, and now with AWS and other cloud platforms.

if you haven't' looked at CP in a minute. you should revisit.
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!