"Premium Forum Membership"?

f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just curious if it's ever been discussed to have a premium membership option to remove the ads? I'd happily pay for the amazing service this forum provides me with.

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    Just curious if it's ever been discussed to have a premium membership option to remove the ads? I'd happily pay for the amazing service this forum provides me with.

If you're using Firefox, install the uBlockOrigin add-on. Works great!
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tedjames wrote: »
    If you're using Firefox, install the uBlockOrigin add-on. Works great!

Thanks for the advice, i do know there are quite a few blockers out there I just want to make sure I support the site. If letting the ads play is the only way of doing so, I will continue to do so.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd chip in just to chip in, ads or not.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind donating a few bucks to help pay for this site, especially given everything I've gained by being a member. Honestly, my career is a lot further along because of the advice others have shared here.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Heck, I would simply be happy with new ads. I'm getting tired of clicking "no thanks" on my phone to the same.stinking.ads.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd pay if it went toward making the site https as well...
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I could use a refresher of why we havent gone HTTPS. I remember one of the admins tellign me but honestly can't recall what the answer was.
    Anytime someone posts about https in reference to this site, it gets deleted.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly I don't really have an issue with the ADs, TE has provided me years of content and access to good professionals, but I would like to say, it would be nice to not see the same full screen ad multiple times during a single site visit, thats going too far.
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have no problem donating at random intervals. This site has been invaluable for my career
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Same here. Would become a "VIP" member or whatever. This forum and some of the members are a part of the reason I am where I am today.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I would donate as well!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE