Options

Has anyone taken the Windows Server 98-365 recently?

QuavoQuavo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has this been updated to Win server 2016? theres nothing official about this on the MS site but I've been hearing rumours..

Comments

• Options
    EMT760EMT760 Member Posts: 32 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was wondering the same thing. I called Microsoft exams line yesterday to ask if I could take the older version of the exam based off 2008 R2. I argued all the official books are still 2008 R2, there's only one book based off 2016. To make a long story short. They told me I couldn't take that older exam..
    Pretty lame.

So next question, how much has the exam changed? It was updated in Jan of the 2018, some recent revisions. Which include server 2016.

I'm still studying this using Tom Carpenter's book. ( hopefully not a mistake)
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Also try Microsoft's virtual Academy...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    satam55satam55 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft has finally made it official on their website that the MTA 98-365 website covers Windows Server 2016: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-98-365.aspx
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took this exam this week. While almost every question was described as using server 2016 most of the questions were relevant to all versions. I would not stress to much over the changes.

Good Luck!
    Jon
  • Options
    EMT760EMT760 Member Posts: 32 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I took this exam this week. While almost every question was described as using server 2016 most of the questions were relevant to all versions. I would not stress to much over the changes.

Good Luck!
    Jon

Any simulations?
  • Options
    knownameknowname Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So true a lot of great resources are there to help you out. This is a great Cert to take if your planning on getting an MCSA and don't have a lot of in-depth experience in servers.