Options

Intereresting

scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
I have 2 job offers. Odd because I am not really looking and they were both phone interviews. It'd be nice to have a close commute again, but I am close to being where I am now for a year next month and the group and boss I have are super. Both companies are rushing me to make a decision which gives me paws (pause)..
Anyway, just a question to put out there (and I am really hyped up on coffee right now). Would you take a job offer if you feel rushed by the employer?
Never let your fear decide your fate....

Comments

• Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Nope. Especially without an on-premises meeting first. I always ask to see the working environment before taking on a role
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Definitely not. You're interviewing them as much as they're interviewing you. Check the business out, physically and online.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    Agreed. I was hired once after just a phone interview without even meeting the government client(it was a contract position). After 3 days, I was fired..so I am also a bit hesitant to go in 'blind' without even seeing the people I would work with.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That gives me a weird vibe, I passed on a position like that once too.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They tried to rush me at the job I am at. I dragged it out forever.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with all of you, check out the place. Hopefully it's a fantastic fit!
  • Options
    DustinJacobsDustinJacobs Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, better check out the environment first. Just because they're rushing you doesn't mean you should make a hefty decision. Clear out the air and check to see if it fits you.
  • Options
    mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are the job duties (in general--no company name or location)?
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, ask them what happened to the last hire? How long were they there? Ask them why the rush? Throw questions in their lap!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    Yes, 2 real companies and on the same army base. System Engineer positions. I have requested onsite visits to both Radio silence so far...
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's pretty standard practice in the government contracting... I had one recruiter ask me if I would accept the position within a specified salary range without an offer.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sometimes, a government contractor, if a sub, has to fill the slot within X weeks or it becomes available for other subs. If the sub that owns the slot is about to lose it, they could be desperate to hold onto it and any fill resets the clock.