Third attempt in CISSP fail in exam !!!

techsectechsec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Updating my experience as i am oftern refer blogs here.

Third attempt fail in exam !!!

1st attempt in 2011 (Paper based)
2nd attempt in 2013 (CAT exam 681 marks)
3rd attempt in 8-4-2018 (CAT exam no marking)

This is very frustrated and massive failure !!!

I have 15 years of experience in IT operation including security. I cannot give full time in reading since 8-10 hours in office, I spare 2-4 hours daily reading in morning and evening, full day reading on Sunday to prepare for exam and taken 2-3 days break before exam. I have go through shon harris, 11 hour, sybex official guide, sybex practice test, shon harris practice test, saree green videos, mike chappel videos.

I have given an exam on 8-4-2018 I was so confident before and even pressing finish button while exam. Questions were not so bad at all, I completed exam in 2 hour and 30 minute.

I was very positive but result sheet showing that you cannot achieve the passing score, it shows 5 domain below proficiency and 2 domain above proficiency. Ohh my god this is un imaginary even after this much studies…very poor even I can’t show to someone and never expected.

Still not recovered from the massive failure and probably not thinking to reappear and spending 825$ again for ISC2 exam. Appreciate your guidance suggestion.

Comments

• kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can feel your pain. It’s frustrating, but don’t give up or take long breaks before you try again.
    Continue studying and know the concept of what you’re reading. Know BCP, BIA, DRP, know steps to execute something, know how to apply these concepts at a corporate level. Be in the shoes of a manager and think about processes and nothing else. Good luck.
  • Can'tTakeIt!Can'tTakeIt! Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I’m sorry I know exactly how you feel. I’ve failed twice and keep asking myself if it’s worth going through the experience for the 3rd time. But after the initial shock and frustration, I took a deep breath and put together a study plan (again). You can do it. Just refocus and study the areas that you’re weak in. Good luck!
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep trying, you only fail when you give up. Re-strategize and go back to attempt the exam again. You will make it this time. All the best.