Starting A Podcast

byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I plan on starting a podcast here soon and would love some advice. Has anyone started a podcast on here? What advice would you give a newbie? Any challenges you or your team faced? What equipment and apps/software would you recommend?
CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is great for recording audio. You can download Audacity for free. I use this setup to record song demos into my PC. Use a Shure SM-58 with a pop screen to record your voice.

Scarlett 2i2 | Focusrite
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tedjames wrote: »
    The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is great for recording audio. You can download Audacity for free. I use this setup to record song demos into my PC. Use a Shure SM-58 with a pop screen to record your voice.

Scarlett 2i2 | Focusrite

+1 for the value add..

Thanks!
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I got an Audio-Technica AT2020 on amazon and also downloaded Audacity. I found a course on Udemy for Audacity but would you say it's hard to learn?
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    byron66 wrote: »
    So I got an Audio-Technica AT2020 on amazon and also downloaded Audacity. I found a course on Udemy for Audacity but would you say it's hard to learn?

Not really. There's a ton of functions. I have previous experience with audio software, so I just had to explore to get it to do what I want. You can set it to record streaming audio and record from an input source, such as a microphone. It's also great for editing. They have a pretty decent online reference manual, and you can find any number of helpful videos on YouTube.