How long do you give yourself to study?

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
I was wondering how long everyone gives themselves to study for an upcoming exam.

I'm thinking of booking my exams in 6-8 week intervals when I begin my trek for the CCNP.

Does that sound reasonable?

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yep.. be careful of burnouts and learning gaps. this is what i have learned.. try to figure out the best study method to advance your learning.

Mine is usually cbts, then book, ptests and review, more ptests ending with exam

ALSO loads of labs during this process icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Big K hit it right on the head. I do it exactly the same way! Always remember to solidify the knowledge by doing labs.
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    MrD wrote:
    Big K hit it right on the head. I do it exactly the same way! Always remember to solidify the knowledge by doing labs.

Agree also with Keenon!!!
    Now working full time!
  • peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I've never been in a hurry to pass exams so I generally allow three months for each...

although I felt really comfortable with the CIT five years ago so I took it after just two months and got my best score (924 AIR).

I'm due to recertify by January 08 and I've not done any Cisco studying for two years so I'd planned on six months each for the two re-cert exams this year...

but I've just found out from this site today that I only need to take one exam so I have six months 'spare' for some background reading!

Regards
    Peter
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hello Peter,

Rules have changed now, you have to pass only one exiam of certification level to recertify it. If you want to recert your CCNP, you can take one of the following tests :
    - 642-901 BSCI
    - 642-812 BCMSN
    - 642-825 ISCW
    - 642-845 ONT
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

yes, looks good to me!

Although the exams seem to include more topics so each one could be a bit harder to study for.

I've ordered the BSCI book so give it a couple of weeks and I may be feeling like throwing myself off the roof...

but there's no real pressure, I have 12 months to pass it.

There doesn't seem to be a boxed set available...and three of the CCNP exams haven't got the study books published yet.

Wouldn't you think that Cisco, knowing that they're changing the exams, would get the books out in advance?

Regards
    Peter