eLearnSecurity bundles no longer available starting May 1st 2018

Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
From https://blog.elearnsecurity.com/bundle-up-and-save-big-this-month.html
Our bundles will allow you continuous growth, training after training, while saving big on registration fees. April 2018 will be the last month to enroll in the bundle of your choice, as they will no longer be available starting May 1st.

Comments

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That sucks!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • vstormvstorm Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are they worth it? I was hoping they would have a WAPT and WAPTX eventually but it sounds like that isn't going to happen. Do they offer discounts every so often?
    Matt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you think they are going out of business or just changing their product pricing model to subscription based? Thoughts? i hope they don't go out of business as i purchased a few bundles from them!!
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think they are just trying to raise their profit margin. I'm kinda sad, there are some courses that I would like to do, but not with these prices.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I doubt they are going out of business. They are probably adjusting their business model. eLearnSecurity is a growing company, moved to california, expanding courses by technology, updating courses, presence at blackhat, presence at infosecworld, and others. It takes time but they are moving in the right direction. I had a good conversation with Armando at Blackhat 2017. They are constantly expanding and assuring the quality of their programs. I used to be a little biased towards them but after personally speaking/meeting with them, they are stand up guys. I hope nothing but the best for elearnsecurity.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you think they are going out of business or just changing their product pricing model to subscription based? Thoughts? i hope they don't go out of business as i purchased a few bundles from them!!

I think they are trying to increase their revenue and perhaps go public. :D

They are only removing their bundles. The bundles are good value if you are keen on a couple of their courses. This is especially so with Hera labs having no expiry They did increase the bundle price last year. I bought the 4-in-a-box for US$2,999 in 2015; now it is US$4,599. So get them if you are keen. You can sign up for trial first to decide.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would like to have a subscription based model. It is easier to propose to my boss.. hey it is x $/ month, then only y$ for the exam. Then hey boss, it is 1500$ USD...

Or it could be a preparation to an acquisition from Pluralsight.
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would like to have a subscription based model. It is easier to propose to my boss.. hey it is x $/ month, then only y$ for the exam. Then hey boss, it is 1500$ USD... .
    There is Pentester Academy if you are keen on pen testing and subscription model. If company is paying, I rather go for GIAC SANS. One course with exam is almost the price of eLS All Access Pass.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nowhere in there did they say they would stop offering bundles. The blog post states that the CURRENT bundles will no longer be available. It could be that they're going away but it could be that they're going to have new bundles.
    EANx wrote: »
    Nowhere in there did they say they would stop offering bundles. The blog post states that the CURRENT bundles will no longer be available. It could be that they're going away but it could be that they're going to have new bundles.

It would be cool to see a blue team and red team bundles. It would also be cool for yearly subscriptions then pay for certification attempts when needed :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    There are three classes/certs I'm interested in, I'm hoping those will end up in a bundle together, at least two of them, without it being the expensive "four-in-a-box". I'd like a see a red/blue bundle.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    . . . eLearnSecurity is a growing company, moved to california . . .

Huh. I wonder if getting on the DoD approved cert list is in their distant future.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    yoba222 wrote: »
    Huh. I wonder if getting on the DoD approved cert list is in their distant future.

Would be cool, I am sure they are working on it. icon_thumright.gif
  • successmantraoverseassuccessmantraoverseas Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well trying to make more profit margin.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I suspect this is in preparation for a new sale model. I could see a subscription based model making sense more than the bundles. They have added a lot of courses over the last couple of years and will probably continue to do so.
  • cicumagcicumag Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's May 1st and the website still has the bundles. I'm wondering if i'm too quick or if this was just a marketing ploy to get people to buy their bundles. I was waiting for a whole new pay structure which doesn't seem to be there.
    cicumag wrote: »
    I was waiting for a whole new pay structure which doesn't seem to be there.

Where did you come to this conclusion? its only speculation from random people here in techexams.
  • cicumagcicumag Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I realize reading back that came off accusatory. I didn't mean it like that. I really just meant i was anxious to see what other offers or bundles they may be adding in place of.
  • chazb0tchazb0t Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm assuming people got confused because every month the prices page says something like:

Enrollment Fee in US$ (fees guaranteed until 31/05/201icon_cool.gif

I remember last Aug getting an email saying the PTS course price was increasing starting Sept. 1. It didn't and is the same price today as it was.

I like their products but their price marketing is snake-oil.