CGEIT experience?

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone here taken the CGEIT and have any advice in sitting for this exam?icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Subscribed. I’d be interested to know as well.
  • tripskrectripskrec Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

CGEIT question bank from ISACA , are they good?

i have **** of questions but dont know if they are right.
  • airbenairben Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As long as you understand the concepts and are not just memorizing the answers you should be fine. The official ISACA Q&A contains 250 questions which is sufficient for study for the CGEIT.
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The ISACA QAE materials generally seem to be good for their exams. I promised myself I would take a break from certs for the remainder of the year. However, I just purchased CGEIT study material... icon_study.gif
  • STEMGirlSTEMGirl Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too said I was going to take a break, but I too plan to go ahead and study for the CGEIT so I can take the exam in September (the CGEIT is now ranked #1 by Global Knowledge "15 Top-Paying IT Certifications for 2018"). I noticed there is no ISACA sample exam database for the CGEIT - it appears there is only the hard-copy book for example exam questions. Am I correct? H-bomb, so far how are the CGEIT study materials? I plan to purchase the materials this week!icon_study.gif
  • LollyBagginsLollyBaggins Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    STEMGirl wrote: »
    I too said I was going to take a break, but I too plan to go ahead and study for the CGEIT so I can take the exam in September (the CGEIT is now ranked #1 by Global Knowledge "15 Top-Paying IT Certifications for 2018"). I noticed there is no ISACA sample exam database for the CGEIT - it appears there is only the hard-copy book for example exam questions. Am I correct? H-bomb, so far how are the CGEIT study materials? I plan to purchase the materials this week!icon_study.gif
    You would be correct. I had to purchase the hard-copy to prepare for the CGEIT. When I asked ISACA when they plan to release the CGEIT via online database this was the response I received... ughwtf.gif
    Hmmm, interesting . . . confused.png So, it looks like I'll forge ahead with all manual materials for the CGEIT! Happy studying all! icon_study.gif
  • airbenairben Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I studied using the Q&A for 4-5 hours the day before taking the CGEIT and passed. Then again I had just finished the CISM, CISA and CRISC in the prior few weeks, so the "ISACA method" was still fresh in my mind.
    Much respect airben for the "ISACA sweep"! bowing.gif Indeed, there is an "ISACA method"; I'm hoping I too can build upon my past ISACA subject-matter knowledge (CISM and CRISC), and exam experience to pass the CGEIT. Thanks for the well-wishes, and feedback!icon_thumright.gif