Options

Tips for earning CPE

ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Other than the ISACA webinar offerings what do you folks do to earn CPE to keep your certification(s) current/valid?

I am attending ISACA sponsored events and also credit for non-Isaca events (such as selected session at Gartner Data & Analytics).

Have you other suggestions for earning valid CPE?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Infosecurity Professional Magazine/Quiz by (ISC)2
    SANS podcasts
    Trainings and exams
    Cybersecurity suverys given by ISACA and GIAC

Just a few of things I use across all of my certifications that require CPEs.

Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Security Weekly said a few weeks back people will take some notes or make a small writeup on episodes and submit that for credit without issues.

Others:
    -Cybrary IT
    -FedVTE (if you have access, people have used this)
    -Conferences (Blackhat, Defcon, SANS, ISACA, etc....all should count)
    -Project Management type training should count
    -CBT Nuggets...not sure if you can get a certificate of completion or have to take a screenshot

To be honest, I am a huge fan of events that will knock out the requirement in a week or so. Although you can piece together different courses for free or low cost but it is far easier to pay a few thousand and be done with it for the year.
  • Options
    ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am tracking pretty well just using the ISACA webinars and some of the industry events I am attending. But it does take constant attention to line up with the 120 hr 3 year requirement.

I appreciate your tips! I had not thought about using some of these other things I am doing as valid CPE credit.

thanks!