Options

What is the best way to go from nothing to CCNP

JesseHendriksJesseHendriks Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

My Name is Jesse and i have a question :P.
Whats the best route to go from zero to CCNP.
I have done a study on IT Professional and i have the following certificates
- [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)]Exam 698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- ITIL V3
- MTA Server, Operating Sytem and security.
- MOS for Word, Excel adn PPT
- Also did some trainings on CCNA and practicals exams on Netacad but not a real certificate or something just passed for school.

At the moment i am busy with the certificate 70-697 to get MCSA in windows 10.
But after that i want to focus more on the networking side of IT.

Whats the
[/COLOR]recommended path i should take to get from A to B.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Getting a CCNP isn't impossible just takes a lot of study and lab time. Path is real straightforward study and pass CCNA RS-> then study and pass CCNP RS 3 exams (route/switch/tshoot).
  • Options
    JesseHendriksJesseHendriks Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info on it,

Any experience with the Exams ?
    Are they hard to study for or ?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A bite at the time. It's more like, A to B to C to D to E to go from zero to CCNP.

CCNA can be obtained by 1 composite test, or 2 separate ones. My recommendation for ones starting out would be to go for the separate tests.

So this means 2 tests for CCNA and 3 tests for CCNP. CCNA is a prerequisite for CCNP.

There are many CCNA/CCNP paths but I'd recommend going for R&S since it's a great networking base for everything else. Of course in the end it depends on the individual on which is the best path.

Especially for those just coming into networking they aren't easy tests. They expect you to know the content very well and sometimes they have trickish sort of questions. You have to read the questions carefully, but not too slowly since it's time based. Lab everything until you know it by memory and you are very comfortable with the concepts and hands-on.

Good luck!

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications.html
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    there is no zero to ccnp. one way or another, it will take experience, studying and or training.