Options

Passed SECOPS today!

djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scholarship Cohort 5 here, did 210-255 today and to my amazement I passed. It was tough! Many people find it easier than SECFND, but I was not one of those people.

Next up is R&S - I had my CCNA 10 years ago, time to get back on the train.

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations. Did you use any resources beyond those provided by the scholarship?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did purchase the books from Cisco, but really only used them for the pearson testprep exams.

Of course, as noted in the exam blueprint, this and this are absolutely imperative... particularly 61r2. (the first one.)
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! :) I passed yesterday as well! I didn't think I was well prepared, but from studying for other exams, and previously reading the NIST information, it really helped out a lot.

The blueprint and NIST are definitely needed. Know the various models (Diamond, kill chain, etc.). IR was big, too. The mentor sessions are very helpful, too. And if you have any questions outside of that, the forums in the learning portal were great. I think most, if not all, the information needed to pass is in the included material. The videos, the slides, the texts. It's all there.

SECFND was more Cisco specific and came off as a lot of sales type of questions (product specifics). SECOPS was more of IR and the ops side and less Cisco specific. Both weren't easy exams, but if you're prepared you're not going to have any problems. Questions were straight forward and not trying to mislead you.
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner