Free Microsoft 71-271 Beta Exam [MCDST]

colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
71-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-271.asp

I've got a prometric promo code that lets you take the 71-271 beta exam for free. The 71-271 exam is one of the two tests required for the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican on Windows XP certification.

Hurry and register because the beta test period is only Nov 10-13.

CODE: SUTMWD

UPDATE: Test is 85 questions long

ENJOY! :D

Comments

• colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PS: "When you pass the Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System exam, you achieve Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status."

This exam seems like a 70-270 lite. Plus since it gets you MCP status if you pass, first time takers going for their MCP might be better to take this exam first. If you pass, you got MCP for free. If you fail, it cost you nothing and you get some experience with Microsoft exams.

ALSO, from MCPMAG.COM:

"Microsoft has indicated that the exam will also be an elective option under the MCSA/MCSE on Windows 2003 tracks, but, as of this posting, the exam still hasn't been added to the requirements lists for those titles."

http://www.mcpmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=623
  • michel_25_32michel_25_32 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone received the promo code for 272 ?
    please post.. I´ve been searching for 1 week, no luck at all icon_sad.gif

thanx

Michel
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    cool, I'm taking it tomorrow...thanks
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • michel_25_32michel_25_32 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no need for 272 code anymore

I decided to pay for the exam, 125 U$, but as I got the 271 for free, I might have another certificate soon ... Exam booked on the 20th of november (last day of the Beta period)

the 271 was fairly easy, good luck all!!

greetz

Michel