Here are the job opportunities available within my team located overseas (OCONUS)

2»

Comments

• LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I loved Kuwait food and really learning about the culture, history and visiting the landmarks. Even went to a few bazaars in less than reputable neighborhoods. I didn't care what we did, as long as it wasn't burger king, Mcdonalds, 5guys, or Chili's, TGIF.

We had a blast ---

My next time round, I was with CTR's, and man, talk about stuck up. While I adventured to eat street vendor food (Shwarma, Hummus with pita chips, Chicken yoghurt), they only wanted Americanized food chain food. They were so scared of even venturing into the city.

I can't wait to explore the world. You might as well if you have the opportunity.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah there is a restaurant just off our base we love to go to, serves Iraqi food which is variations on Middle Eastern foods. We love it, the restaurant is very clean and the staff very friendly, and prices quite reasonable, even if we use dollars.
  • DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Working on CISSP now, so will probably check back in this thread in a few months! Recently passed CEH and have a few others that satisfy DoD requirements along with CCNA and CCNA Sec.
  • 518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TTT

Added: Network Administrator with CCNP, Sec+, and Active Secret (or must have been active within the last 24 months)
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would seriously consider a Cyber security position overseas, but I don't possess a CISSP, just GIAC certifications, no security clearance either, except public trust.

I have a question, do these jobs really pay any better than similar jobs in the United States, or is it just because your working lots of overtime and the first 100k is tax free your make good money?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I would seriously consider a Cyber security position overseas, but I don't possess a CISSP, just GIAC certifications, no security clearance either, except public trust.

I have a question, do these jobs really pay any better than similar jobs in the United States, or is it just because your working lots of overtime and the first 100k is tax free your make good money?

The Cyber job isnt limited to CISSP. A GSLC or CISM can be used, too. Glad you asked, let me modify the original post.

In Afghanistan, danger pay is 35% and hardship pay is 35%.

For 60-hour workweek, only the first 40hours qualifies for a 70% uplift. What is uplift? This is your basepay multiplied by 70%.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    518 wrote: »
    The Cyber job isnt limited to CISSP. A GSLC or CISM can be used, too. Glad you asked, let me modify the original post.

In Afghanistan, danger pay is 35% and hardship pay is 35%.

For 60-hour workweek, only the first 40hours qualifies for a 70% uplift. What is uplift? This is your basepay multiplied by 70%.

So roughly what are we talking for the Cyber positions, after uplifts, danger pay, hardship, and OT?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    roughly in 2015, I had a recruiter reach out to me for Vectrus Kuwait, $135k and Afghanistan $160k. In Afghanistan, I think there as a completion bonus of $15k at the time. If you work with companies other than Vectrus, pay is higher. For example, in Iraq, non-Vectrus 72-hr workweek can pull $240k. A Network Engineer in Iraq (non-Vectrus) can pull $196k. JoJoCal19, your job title reminds me of a "prime" defense company where a Manager can pull $145k plus retention bonus. This Manager leads a group of C&A/A&A analysts.
    ITSec14 wrote: »
    If I wasn't married I would be all over this lol.

The work hours don't bother me and the experience would provide some awesome conversation at future interviews!
    c'mon man, we got married guys down here...lol. You will fit right in.. haha
    Jobs posted on the first page are no longer available. Here's what we have so far:

We need two Network Engineers (S or TS and CCNP) and one Cybersecurity Analyst (TS and CISSP required).

WE DO NOT SPONSOR CLEARANCE. Go to Vectrus.com if you require sponsorship...good luck.
    I find it hilarious when someone provides a bad reputation, just because I didnt want to go on details with the pay. I know how much you get paid in Afghanistan with Vectrus, all I can tell you is we get paid more than that. Been to Qatar, Kuwait, and Afghanistan. I know how much Vectrus pay their salaries to those locations. Unless you work in a SCIF, you're not going to get that money you desire. If you are in Iraq with Vectrus, how's the Iraqi tax they charge you? I sure hope you're getting $198k in Iraq. If not, you're in a wrong contract/company.
    Donklander wrote: »
    Working on CISSP now, so will probably check back in this thread in a few months! Recently passed CEH and have a few others that satisfy DoD requirements along with CCNA and CCNA Sec.

Donklander, I see you got your CISSP now. I sent you a message...
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do these positions require processing through CRC?

I’m heading to Qatar, tried to help a friend but his BMI disqualifies him.
    East Africa is one of the very few locations where we dont go to CRC. If you are on a different contact and live on camp, you go through CRC.
  • RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What was that 135k and 160k position that was offered to you?
  • RobSnowden23RobSnowden23 Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    518.... Can you share your email? I am looking for a position overseas
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I’m interested in hearing more
  • GoyaChampuruGoyaChampuru Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could definitely use a change of scenery for sure, would be interested in any cybersecurity positions if any are still available.
    Cybersecurity role, YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS. All other position only requires Secret and will be upgraded to TS once you join.

we still have Sr Sys Admin, Cybersecurity, and Two Network Engineers.

NE requires Sec+ and CCNP
    Sr SA requires MCSE (or within 6-months) and CASP (this is a HARD requirement)
    Cybersecurity requires CISSP, GSCL, or CISM

We live outside the camp, shared 4 BR and 3BA housing. The drive to and from camp is 15-mins. Sat and Sunday off, 12-hr days.

We can wear shorts (non-athletic) and collared shirts at work. We try not to look like contractors wearing full tacticool gear.

There are plenty of “entertainment” on Tues and Thursdays. For some reason, the French are out having a great time on those days. We have a clubhouse with pool in our housing community.

As long as youre not a primadona, you will do well in this contract.
    emails and PMs all responded to. someone asked if Im getting paid for these, I dont! I’m simply trying to get the word out. We have employees who have been here for 10, 8, 9, and 7 years. This deployment is too easy.