Writing TOGAF Combined next month

boringITboringIT Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am giving TOGAF Combined a go next month (May 201icon_cool.gif, I will keep you posted on the results :). So far TOGAF study guides and Scott Duffy Udemy videos I went through. Let's see, fingers crossed.

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a plan!

Just curious what role are you going for and what role are you currently in. Where I live in the country a lot of the SA or EA positions require/prefer TOGAF or some other methodology. I'm seeing it everywhere.....

If you are an engineer and want to move into solutions, enterprise this certification or one similar would help out a lot more than the PMP or other project/BA related certifications.
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    boringIT wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am giving TOGAF Combined a go next month (May 201icon_cool.gif, I will keep you posted on the results :). So far TOGAF study guides and Scott Duffy Udemy videos I went through. Let's see, fingers crossed.

I found the actual TOGAF book was killer for understanding Part 2 of the test. Know the flow, that was the biggest thing I took from my test.
  • boringITboringIT Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied Industrial Engineering but I work as a IT Network and Security Expert in a large financial institution. I hold various certs but my heart always been what I studied. I have PR2, Juniper, F5, CheckPoint, ISACA, Cisco certs now I think I am ready to sit for TOGAF. I see being EA as a stepping stone to become a CIO/CISO. My plan is to be CIO in a medium sized company by age of 42 (unless I start my own business by then which I dreamed of having for some years now). I have 9 more years to go :). Let's see...
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Skilsoft have pretty good courses for TOGAF certification:
    https://www.skillsoft.com/certificate-categories/togaf/

You can get them subscribe to ACM for 75$ per Year:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/131445-oreilly-safari-half-off-code-til-16mar18.html#post1135134

You also will receive access to Safaribooksonline.
    duta74 wrote: »
    Skilsoft have pretty good courses for TOGAF certification:
    https://www.skillsoft.com/certificate-categories/togaf/

You can get them subscribe to ACM for 75$ per Year:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/131445-oreilly-safari-half-off-code-til-16mar18.html#post1135134

You also will receive access to Safaribooksonline.

Looking good thanks for the tip!
  • Chris.Mackenzie01Chris.Mackenzie01 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

I've used Scott Duffy for the Azure exams and found when it came to infrastructure side of things, the videos were lacking.

I'm now starting TOGAF and was concerned that he seemed to focus around Software development when I watched the preview videos for it. Do you think they are still worth watching even if your not from a development background? Does he explain it from a neutral stand point?
    I've used Scott Duffy for the Azure exams and found when it came to infrastructure side of things, the videos were lacking.

I'm now starting TOGAF and was concerned that he seemed to focus around Software development when I watched the preview videos for it. Do you think they are still worth watching even if your not from a development background? Does he explain it from a neutral stand point?

Well to be honest, not the best video series I watched. He gives some real life examples from different viewpoints but it's definitely not enough to pass this test in my opinion. What I would like to see is having an imaginary company and then transform it using TOGAF. That I think would stick to my mind easier than plain text type of training. There are a lot of terms to be memorized...icon_sad.gif
  • Chris.Mackenzie01Chris.Mackenzie01 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well to be honest, not the best video series I watched. He gives some real life examples from different viewpoints but it's definitely not enough to pass this test in my opinion. What I would like to see is having an imaginary company and then transform it using TOGAF. That I think would stick to my mind easier than plain text type of training. There are a lot of terms to be memorized...icon_sad.gif

Thought as much. I'll stay away from them series then. Thanks.
    Passed the exam today. I had to reschedule it.

Part 1: 80%
    Part 2: 75%

Next CCIE R&Sicon_thumright.gif
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!! Good score too!