Options

I seem to see more and more job ads like this lately

packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/sad/d/it-operations-tier-2-it-ops/6569892291.html

To me, it reads like "We are a company so cheap, we don't even want to state our name. We need one person who knows everything about IT. We'll probably pay you $12/hr."

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ahh, the good ol craigslist. I haven't seen anything worth while on there either besides entry level jobs.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yep... "10+ years of experience doing ALLLLLLL this..." and a CCNA or A+ is nice to have.

:-/
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not that hard to find. About 15 seconds of searching threw up only one company. I'm sure I'm not the only person who can figure it out. :)
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    it is craigslist..what do you expect? LOL icon_wink.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The years of experience is quite a stretch but otherwise seems pretty run of the mill for corporate helpdesk work. It looks like they have cross posted it several times so it is likely that they are just clicking and dropping.

I would be very surprised if they offered more than 40K a year.
  • Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    or it could be a job posted towards an H1B.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LMAO!

[FONT=&quot]Technical Skills Required for this Position
    - Desktops & Phones
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Strong Macintosh technical skills/experience[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Windows/PC repair

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Requirements[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- This is a onsite position[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- 10+ years experience in service desk role in a corporate environment[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
  • Options
    techie2018techie2018 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I need to be a smart ass and reply to that ad. I will start with something like this. Sine you need me to be a systems engineer and a network engineer and an application engineer and a project manager and a desktop support engineer, here is what I think is a fair salary:

systems engineer: 125k

network engineer: 125k

project manager: 125k

desktop support engineer: 55k

So in light of all the different skills and responsibilities I'm requesting a 430k per year salary. Please advise if that is within your range.