Passed 210-260

Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey, Gang- just my obligatory post to say that I finally passed my 210-260 exam. A lot of CBT Nuggets, ITProTV, 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam and a little of the OCG. I labbed on my ASA for a while, mainly for the ASDM but also some basic configs as well.

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome bud! Have they cleaned up the buggy sims and grammar/spelling mistakes? I remember there was a LOT of negative feedback when I took it a year and a half ago.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    Awesome bud! Have they cleaned up the buggy sims and grammar/spelling mistakes? I remember there was a LOT of negative feedback when I took it a year and a half ago.

I remember all of that negative feedback you're referring to. They seemed to have finally cleared that up though. I had no issues with the sims and didn't notice any spelling/ grammar errors either. Seems like Cisco was listening.
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Hey, Gang- just my obligatory post to say that I finally passed my 210-260 exam. A lot of CBT Nuggets, ITProTV, 31 Days Before Your CCNA Security Exam and a little of the OCG. I labbed on my ASA for a while, mainly for the ASDM but also some basic configs as well.

Congrats man!!

Would a VIRL subscription offer enough services/virtual equipment/ios features to obtain my cert? I have labs to configure along with Chris Bryant's Sec course which I can lab along as he goes through the course. My work should buy the yearly subscription, I just want to make sure it'll suffice.
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    labscloud wrote: »
    Congrats man!!

Would a VIRL subscription offer enough services/virtual equipment/ios features to obtain my cert? I have labs to configure along with Chris Bryant's Sec course which I can lab along as he goes through the course. My work should buy the yearly subscription, I just want to make sure it'll suffice.

I have not passed CCNA Security but am studying for it. I have VIRL and do like it. I am not aware of any limitations in VIRL regarding CCNA Security.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you use it for your NP studies?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Definitely a tough one from what I've seen.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats man!!

I've never had a VIRL subscription but I would think it would be more than enough since I was able to pass without it. In my opinion, getting access to the ASDM (Web GUI) on the ASA was the most important hands on exercise for this exam. If you hopped over to Ebay and picked up a cheap ASA 5505 then you'll have what you need since it'll come with a copy of the ASDM software. VIRL is definitely something I'm going to try when I start my CCNP studies now that I have a job that warrants it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you use it for your NP studies?

Yes. Having some sort of virtualization software was critical.

For me, buying VIRL was better than spending time messing around with GNS3.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015