Passed Server+

jul21jul21 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the exam today with a score of 815 out of 900. Resources that I used for the exam were the All-In-One Server+ Book by Daniel Lachance and some topics from my Network+ book. I finished the book in 3 weeks since I have a full time & part time work then booked the exam a week later.

I recommend these certain topics to be more focused on when preparing to take the exam.
  • RAID levels: Available disk space when implementing a RAID type.
  • Difference of SAN & NAS
  • Network Ports
  • Server Form Factors
  • Hypervisor Types
  • Full, Differential, Incremental backups
  • Media Types for Server & for backups.
  • Troubleshooting Methodologies.

My exam focused a lot in these key concepts though I think it differ from a bank of questions that will be given to you. Around 30% of the questions are straight-forward and the rest are select the correct answer on a given situation. My exam also didn't have any lab simulation compared to when I took the A+ and Network+ exam, those started with like 8-10 simulation questions. I didn't find the exam to be super difficult compared to the Network+ exam which I barely passed. On deciding if it would still be worth it to get the Server+ certification, for me it is since it will renew my A+ and Network+ exam. Also my employer will reimburse me for the costs of exam and study materials that I used.

I hope this helps other test takers on considering getting the Server+ Certification and on preparing for exam.

Comments

• D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! What is next in line for you?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • jul21jul21 Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Spiegel wrote: »
    Congrats! What is next in line for you?

I'll probably take Security+ mid this year and hopefully get a junior position in Networking or Security side.
  • khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Brickcityrican1Brickcityrican1 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your passing your certification. I was wondering where there any performance based questions like the network and security+ any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I take my server + exam in three days. I don’t know why, but I’m extremely nervous.