Who will be first?....

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
Who will be the first on this site to take and pass the new exam objectives for A+?

Is anyone planning on taking their Exams on January 2? (guessing the testing centers will not be open on the 1st).

Just a little curious and I'd also like to hear from those who are skipping the 2003 just to take the 2006.
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    well my fiancee is planning on taking the A+ 2006 exam sometime erlie next year, but i wont personally be taking it.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Are you not taking it because you already have it and/or are long past needing A+?

Just curious?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to take it soon, as in early next year. To have my A+, along with my Network+, before I am a legal adult will be so cool. I think I will pass it.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Are you not taking it because you already have it and/or are long past needing A+?

Just curious?

Just that my current job doesn't really require me to have the A+, but if i ever thought i needed it i would probably do it, more certs the merrier. icon_lol.gif
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
    tibul wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:

Just curious?

Just that my current job doesn't really require me to have the A+, but if i ever thought i needed it i would probably do it, more certs the merrier. icon_lol.gif

Good for you! (in that you are not taking it just to take it). And yes, while holding certifications can be helpful, I do think far too many take exams to have certifications that will never apply to the work they do nor ever will do.

Thanks for replying :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll probaly take the essentials exam mid of January.
    SirDrago wrote:
    I'll probaly take the essentials exam mid of January.

Best of Luck :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, i hope the Sybex book will be enough to pass.
    I think the Sybex book is good for a resouce, but I'd never recommend just using one source, so have something else in mind too.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Crowbi-WanCrowbi-Wan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the new tests at the end of December. Passed both, Essentials - 601 (840 out of 900) and IT Tech -602 (830 out of 900).

I teach a PC class at ITT technical Institute and troubleshoot PC's daily, but never took the time to get A+ Certified. I went through all the Sybex questions with scores of 90% or better. They have a total of 8 tests on the CD. Know all the material as the tests are challenging.

Here's what my tests focused on: Networking - lots of networking questions. I had two questions on 127.0.0.1. Laptops - a fair number of questions including what fire extinguisher to use for a laptop fire. Customer Service issues - they ask scenarios and some are difficult to figure out. I also had 2 questions on when to use a UPS and one on the kernel in Mac OsX, except the answer wasn't one of the answer options. I think they did that intentionally to mess with me. When taking the test don't get down or distracted by the weird questions as some of the questions don't count toward your score. I will say that the 2006 Exams test current information for instance there was a question on SLI video cards. So I'd recommend studying from a 2006 guide not the older 2003 guides.

Here is what was NOT on my tests: IRQ, Ports, I/O Addresses, steps in the printing process.

Lastly, in my opinion the two tests are the same. I took Essentials the first day and then went right back the next for the IT Technician. They even had some duplicate questions.
  • Jedi KnightJedi Knight Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have taken and passed the 2003 A+ hardware exam , but decided to take the 2006 objectives instead of taking the 2003 OS . the new class is much easier , as is the study material . i will be taking the exam in about 2 weeks .
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I plan to take the test soon. I will take the 2003 version since that is what I have been studying so far.
    Jedi never stop training......