Did I get the job? No official offer but they’re running a background check...

PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
The interview went well, at least I think it did. They asked about my salary requirements which was in the range that they pay for the position. They asked when I could start and gave me a tour. I also filled out a background check authorization form. But I have not got an official offer. Ideas?
Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.

Comments

• mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My experience is fairly limited, but I've never had a company pay for the background check and/or drug test, and then not make an offer.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • jrisbrookjrisbrook Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Normally the formal offer comes after they run the background check/ drug test etc.
    Currently working on : BS C.S.I.A - WGU

Just trying to be better today, than I was yesterday...
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That seems normal, they're interested.
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It’s usually a good indicator that you got the job. icon_thumright.gif
  • PaycheckPaycheck Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They wouldn't spend the money to run the background check unless you were the winner, or at least a strong finalist.
  • N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good odds bro, my background check was quickly followed by a formal job offer.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all! Of course I have lived in multiple states over the past couple years so my background check will take longer! I was just getting a little nervous/ antsy because this is the last piece of my families relocation puzzle lol.
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update: I guess there were couple more interviews they wanted to do but while waiting for answer I had 2 phone screening calls that should also turn into interviews.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    couple of more interviews that they did with you or interviewed other people? A good idea to go to other interviews in the meantime.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've had interviews where they had me sign a background check with no offer, which made no sense to me. I personally think they were just filling some interview quota, "Oh look, I interviewed this amount of candidates and here's the proof a signed background check." to please EEOC or whatever equivalent in your country. So I wouldn't hold my breathe and just continue interviewing other companies.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They asked when I could start and gave me a tour. I also filled out a background check authorization form. But I have not got an official offer. Ideas?

Pretty standard stuff, having you fill out the paperwork for a background check doesn't mean they are going to actually proceed, it's a just in case, so they doesn't have to ask you to come back in a fill one out later. If you have a credit monitoring service where you can see someone checked your credit, it wouldn't put too much stock in the fact they had you do background check paperwork. As for giving you a tour, I find this often happens as well, if your halfway qualified, they will give you a tour, but if they like someone better they get the tour too, the only think a tour means is they like you enough to at least consider you, they might give the same tour to 5 other people.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.