Suggestion for eCPPT

Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear All

I just completed eJPT from elearnsecurity. The overall exam was nice and i enjoyed it a lot.
Post my exam, i purchased voucher for eCPPT.
Want to start my studies soon on eCPPT. Could any one give me some guidance on books apart from the books provided by elearnsecurity.
Any other activities i need to carry out so it sets a base for OSCP exam. I am using eCPPT as a step towards OSCP.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Comments

• cicumagcicumag Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in PTP right now so here is my 2 cents. I'm also using it as a knowledge gain prior to OSCP and i feel ELS may raise their profile over time. I'm using the same resources for PTP as i would be using for OSCP. Georgia Weidmans Pentesting book is a good blueprint. Also doing Vuln Hub and Hack the box to practice but thats going to come later after i've used the labs to "master" certain techniques. I work with people that have both certs and they have said that ELS will hold your hand and explain why you do things where as with the OSCP you learn yourself so you may know how to do something but not why.

I'd take what people here say for OSCP resources and utilize them for PTP. The courses def have overlap.
  • Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks cicumag. I will look at the book you suggested. Will start working on eCPPT soon. I am bit real bad at programming but have decided to make my weak area a strong one. So will focus on Ruby programming.
    Will start working on vulnhub and also HTB :)
    Good luck with eCPPT and also OSCP
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Naruto985 wrote: »
    I am bit real bad at programming but have decided to make my weak area a strong one. So will focus on Ruby programming.

Excellent attitude! I went through the Python training for eJPT and found it to be very easy. I also found some great tutorials on YouTube and Udemy and some great books at NoStarch Press.
    @tedjames thanks a lot :) your input for eJPt helped me a lot. Will sure look at the above suggestion for Ruby
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Udemy has a lot of Ruby courses, many free. Today's the last day of a sale they're having where you can get most of their courses for $11.99.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=ruby&src=ukw&sort=price-low-to-high
    Thanks tedjames. Have made a book mark of it :)