Options

DoD 8570/8140 Degree programs

ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of any online accredited Degree programs that combine DoD 8570/8140 certifications along with general Cyber Security educational credits? The only university that I know that even comes close is WGU.edu

Any other degree programs that are similar to WGU that also include a potential graduate certificate with certifications?

Thanks a bunch!

Ice

Comments

• Options
    jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only other one I can think of is the SANS Institute (www.sans.edu), but they are very expensive.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
  • Options
    SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jamshid666 wrote: »
    The only other one I can think of is the SANS Institute (www.sans.edu), but they are very expensive.

This is about it for degrees that map to 8570-compliant certifications. There are a few online degrees I've seen that base their entire curriculum on the CISSP domains, with the certification being the "crowning achievement", but nothing beyond that.

If you're interested in the DoD space, take a look at NSA/DoD Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations or Cyber Defense. While these don't map to certifications per se, these curriculum are vetted and approved by agency leaders and center on the key domains needed for their staff.

https://www.nsa.gov/resources/educators/centers-academic-excellence
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!