Options

Help: I’m an idiot!

slothropslothrop Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So after almost two years of on again off again studying for the CISSP I finally decided to get serious and schedule a test; May 3rd. Enough time to brush up and take some practice exams I figured. Then of course, I realized that the new material was appearing in mid April, and the new books covering what ISC2 thinks is critical don’t come out until mid May. Should I reschedule?
My craft beer reviews at TheBarleyWhine.Com

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's not that big of a deal...as it has been said many times on this forum, the CBK does not change very much between versions. The previous version 10 domains to 8 (around 2015) will probably be a bigger change then the upcoming revision. I would hope that if you were studying for two years that you should have a good grasp on the majority of the materials and any changes won't impact you that much. One of the biggest problems with the CISSP is people take too long to actually sit for the exam...this is very different than technical exams where people try to knock them out fast (a recommended approach).

If you happen to fail the first time, get the new book to review hard for a month, and then take the exam again...if for some reason you fail again, keep on the required wait time frames (90 days, 180 days) and keep testing. The worst thing you can do is stop your progress. If you have the experience to get endorsed, the CISSP can literally be career changing in terms of roles you can "qualify" for and you wouldn't even remember it took a few thousand dollars to get (worst case).
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the quick response TechGuru80. I used these forums early in my career tacking CompTia certs and It never let me down. Glad to be back and see things have not changed. Feel pretty solid that my current work touches on enough cloud and the other new elements. I’ll likely stick with my test date. Cheers!
  • Options
    Thanks again TechGuru80! Test was brutal but I got through it successfully.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    slothrop wrote: »
    Thanks again TechGuru80! Test was brutal but I got through it successfully.
    Great job, now go enjoy the weekend!
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done. Good to hear it hasn't got too much easier icon_wink.gif
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog