Passed CISSP, really hard!

meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I passed today with 134 questions. I've used the Sybex, Conrad and 11th hour books for study and all of the Sybex practice exams (book, online and app). I found the exam really difficult with a lot of the questions and answers being really obscure. A lot of the questions I could narrow down the answer to two choices but some were just out there where I didn't recognise what the heck they were talking about and if I studied the right books. My exam was heavy on SDLC and Communications & Network Security domains.

Comments

• roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great Job! Congratulations!!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on your win!
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks. It was a hard month of studying but I guess it paid off.
  • semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    meni0n wrote: »
    So I passed today with 134 questions. I've used the Sybex, Conrad and 11th hour books for study and all of the Sybex practice exams (book, online and app). I found the exam really difficult with a lot of the questions and answers being really obscure. A lot of the questions I could narrow down the answer to two choices but some were just out there where I didn't recognise what the heck they were talking about and if I studied the right books. My exam was heavy on SDLC and Communications & Network Security domains.

good job, plz tell me is Sybex practice exams book is different than online ? also i dont know shall i go for shon AIO book & exams as it is too big and tech. more than the exam as i heard, plz advice, thanks.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • meni0nmeni0n Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Sybex questions are quiet different than the actual test but they do test the same concepts. So if you are getting them correct and can translate that understanding to answering the exam questions then you should be fine. I was getting in the 80s and high 70s on the Sybex exams when I took the test.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Sat for the exam earlier and was tested heavily on those two domains as well.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations - I had the same experience in my exam where I found a lot of the material seemed very alien. Managed to scrape through somehow though icon_wink.gif
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog