Passed the 70-698 & need to prep for the 70-697

thesecuritybrothesecuritybro Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
For the first exam I used the Pluralsight.com video series and passed on my first attempt. I plan to use Pluralsight for the second exam but from what I have gathered the 697 is a little more challenging.

What do you all recommend that I focus on and what are some suggested study materials?

Thank you

Comments

• JamesBarkerJamesBarker Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey there,

I've also recently passed my 70-698 and plan to go on to the 70-697, I'm using CBT Nuggets myself along with the official configuring windows devices exam ref 70-697 guide book, I've got a copy of this as a PDF and also the physical book.

The book will tell you in steps how to configure something, best experience with this is hands on without doubt as you tend to understand it more.
    Then again everyone works differently.

With this exam I'm starting with practice tests to see where my knowledge is at as I've already gone through all of the nugget videos a couple of months ago and would like to find the area's to work and improve upon.

From your profile you have a very impressive selection of certifications right there, I aim hopefully build to gain the same sort of certifications as yourself as Security is what I'd also like to go in to.

Many successes with your studies! icon_thumright.gif

James
  • BRC-MicrosoftBRC-Microsoft Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

I passed the 70-697 last month, using PluralSight. I believe their material thorough enough to prepare you for the exam. I also suggest that you practice some questions.

I got many questions related to Intune (its policies, groups, types of accounts and alerts), as well as other cloud solutions covered by this exam. I also got many more questions than I'd expected on VPN protocols (tunnelling and authentication).

Any advice for the 698?

Thanks! And good luck!
  • goruby2goruby2 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4 of us took the 70-698 exam in May 2018 and passed with 80% plus using breifmenow questions.
  • Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Huh i to took the 698 just by watching the pluralsight videos, im watching cbt and reading the book for 697, i take the exam Friday so i hope i pass, i passed the 698 by a few points.
  • TumieTumie Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Guys. How long does it take to receive and email from Microsoft after passing an exam? I passed 698 on the 18th June but I haven't received my results and there is no history on Perason VUE site.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Straight away, you should get an email confirmation too. Check on your exam dashboard.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/learning/dashboard.aspx
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why did you do 70-698 first?
    How much was CB Nuggets and Pluralsight?

Those who are following-up with 70-697 ...
    Are you still on track?
    Have you taken the exam?
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Panther wrote: »
    Why did you do 70-698 first?

698 material is a subset of the 697. Most people agree it is the easier of the two, and take 698 first.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing 70-698 exam!icon_thumright.gif

For the preparation of 70-697 certification, I would recommend you to go for courses and performance based labs offered by uCertify. I have checked their customer reviews and also gone through the course. It covers all the exam objectives and provides interactive items between the course that keeps the learners engaged.
  • TumieTumie Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Still preapring for 697. I am using the CBT Nuggets 99 videos.