Options

Passed CISSP Today (prayers and luck carried me through)!

Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
Glad to share that I got a provisional pass on the exam this morning. This forum really helped a lot in pushing me to continue studying and learned a lot from those who shared their experience so I thought why not do the same.

I started preparing for the exam last December 2017 (roughly 4 hours a day of study) and used the following:
  1. 11th Hour CISSP (only book that I read from cover to cover which I supplemented with a lot of Googling... Yes, I'm a very slow reader so this took most of my study time)
  2. Shon Harris AIO (only read the quick tips for the areas which I'm weak at - Communications and Network Security, Security Engineering and SDLC)
  3. Kelly Handerhan's CISSP video course in Cybrary (was only able to go through about half of the course, but took notes when I can)
  4. Keith Barker's CISSP video course in CBT Nuggets (thanks to my employer's subscription, but was only able to go through half of the videos and took notes when I can)
  5. SANS MGT414 Course - audio only (by Dr. Eric Cole, thanks to my manager who shared it with our team, still organized into 10 domains)
  6. Total Tester (completed around 1000 questions and started working on it on my last three weeks of study)
  7. Sybex Bonus Exams (that came with the book, completed 3 bonus exams only out of 4 and started working on it on my last three weeks of study, but wasn't able to go back to review my incorrect answers)
Prior to taking the exam, I already set my mind to completing all 150 questions. I was surprised that it ended at 100 questions (with about an hour remaining) and thought that I failed as I wasn't really confident as I was going through the questions.
X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]

Comments

• Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome news!! Congrats!
  • Options
    H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations Info_Sec_Wannabe! You can totally enjoy the rest of the year off now. I'll be doing the rest of the ISACA circuit (CISA/CRISC) later this year myself.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all! icon_cheers.gif

DZA_ - I intend to take it easy for the next 3 mos or so and after that, I'll jump right over to eJPT. icon_bounce.gif I don't think you will find those two as difficult considering you already went through CISSP and CISM. icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't think so too, especially with the CRISC, that could probably done in two weeks realistically speaking but going to play it safe. I actually did attempt on doing the CCSP back in March but missed the passing mark by a few points unfortunately. I'll be spear heading that after the 90-day wait period!
  • Options
    gerardbgerardb Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, when you have done all the studying and review you can, PRAY. It'll give you that final push to pass.
  • Options
    yourtechcareeryourtechcareer Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the study material recommendations.