Disappointed... Feel Like The Test Betrayed Me...

gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well Fist I must say that I am Happy to now be A+ Certified. But I really expressed disapointment after the exam more than anything. I felt like it betrayed me. I studied night after night learning all DMA, IRQ's, SCSI, BUS, Memory Types, Processors (every aspect), IO addresses to name a few. These things you got to know exactly as the book says.

Men to my astonishment I only got about 5 questions combined on all I mentioned above. icon_eek.gif

The exam nailed me on laptops and network experience that I did not have much of. Not to mention the questions just seemed unclear to me on what they were asking. I got repeated questions on at least two occasions. I also recognised at least 8 questions from the OS exaxtly as they were when I did it a month ago.

I really felt defeated by this exam as I proceeded through it. Thought I would fail. I would have never believed I would have felt that way in the A+ core exam, which I consider my strong point.

Got 713 in the OS and in the end managed 682 in the Core.

I say all this to tell you guys who are persuing the test, never feel to ready. Give yourself all the time you can and need. Experience is a big factor. The test is not hard but it can surely supprise you on your big day.

So be well prepared.
Thanks to every one who assisted me in any way on this site. I make special mention of PLANTWIZ and WEBMASTER, You are helping many...

This site is the greatest... Long live all you hard workers...

Merry Christmas... Happy New Year to ALL... :D

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats gamepro! icon_cool.gif

Look - now we know who Santa really is -

524ac02c458e7ef3ee6c1.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Yep I had the same feelings when I took it, well done a nice way to end the year. icon_santa.gif
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You passed! You'll get over it. I did. Congrats!
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    congrats!!!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    I feel you on that one man. I've been hearing people tell me that since day one on this test which is why half of my study curiculum revolved around making sure I understood the questions just as well as the data.

On a side note, don't ever feel as if the stuff you studied and did not use was a waste of your time. I'm pretty sure when you least expect it, that stuff will some how come back to haunt you and you'll be glad.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • megadieselmegadiesel Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you. I passed the OS today and had passed the Core on Dec. 21st. It is a great feeling to pass. To anyone who is working on A+ plus don't give up and keep studying for it!
    Ismet
  • gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice wwpranma. That's what I told myself too.

Thanks 2 all for the congratulations!

Let me just use the opportunity to ask. I intend on persuing the Network+ exam next. I don't really have the hands on experience in networking, just the basic knowledge I learned from the A+. Do you think that this would hinder my ability to be successful in the Network+.

Thanks...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gamepro wrote:
    Let me just use the opportunity to ask. I intend on persuing the Network+ exam next. I don't really have the hands on experience in networking, just the basic knowledge I learned from the A+. Do you think that this would hinder my ability to be successful in the Network+.

You'll just have to study a bit harder. icon_wink.gif
    You can do it, though the lack of experience will make it tougher. Based on the fact that it is a single exam with a low passing score though, you should be able to do it if you apply yourself like you did with the A+. Good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Thanks alot sprkymrk...

I'll go for it then!
  • aucado54aucado54 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks you so very much for your post!

I am currently preping for A+ and am having a fair amount of difficulty disiplining myself to actually study for it. Your words of expierence fell up on OPEN ears here>
    Again thanks
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job. If you can get an extra computer you can learn about home networking and start there.
    Jedi never stop training......
    You are most welcome aucado54. Thanks for the advice djmaya.
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Someone gave me an old pc that is able to run win xp pro. After I had two computers sharing folders and files basic networking just seemed to be easy to understand. I do not have a N+ but the hands on networking combined with study time might help.
    Jedi never stop training......
    You are so right djmaya. Hands on experience is the icing on any cake. I am fortunate enough to be able to get my hands-on at the school where I work which has a small computer lab.

I have now taken into it and man does it seem easier to grasp the concept. I have spent the last 3 days battling with setting up a small windows XP network. I was getting some serious bomer. I worked my head out troubleshooting in every way that I could. Turns out that "Firewall" was what that was killing me.

I figured it out on an other small network that I setup. I just hope that when I get back top the original that I enjoy the same success.

All in all, hands on experience feels sooooo icon_lol.gif :P good.

Thanks...