Cissp - Minimum score/marks per domain?

bhanu_gopularambhanu_gopularam Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Friends,

Do we need to score some minimum percentage in each domain? As I know overall score should be 70% or 700/1000. But do we need to score minimum in each of the Eight domains?
if yes, how much we need to score individually?

Please clarify.

Comments

• johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Friends,

Do we need to score some minimum percentage in each domain? As I know overall score should be 70% or 700/1000. But do we need to score minimum in each of the Eight domains?
    if yes, how much we need to score individually?

Please clarify.

If you know that much, simple math should give you your answer if it's eight domains. Right?

Either way, the answer is nobody knows. As you are aware or could have found on the Internet in 2 minutes, the exam has recently changed. You will no longer be receiving a numeric calculation that equates to a number below or at or above the passing mark.

You will only receive a performance level. The performance level somewhere between:
    -Below Proficiency
    -Near Proficiency
    -Above Proficiency

How do those proficiency levels equate to a passing score nobody knows. Such questions as:

Can I get all near proficiencies and pass?
    Do I have to have all above proficiencies?
    How many below proficiencies can I have to pass if any?

ISC2 had made it impossible for a tester to judge really how close or far away he/she was from passing. I am sure someone will post some rhetoric on this board or somewhere on the internet about how those proficiencies equate to a passing score. But, realistically all you know is your weakest and strongest domain based upon a proficiency that nobody knows the algorithm behind.

The best advice is to study (Yeah, that was great advice right?) and give it your all. The days of knowing how close you were to passing or how much you passed by are gone my friend. ISC2 has shaken up the secret sauce a bit more and will be laughing all the way to the bank with a $699.00 per exam cost. If someone fails two or three times, they will really have to gauge is it really worth it. We are talking about mortgage payments, car loans, student loans, credit card bills, etc being paid for a cost of a single re test or a few exam re attempts.
  • Flyslinger2Flyslinger2 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did my CISSP between jobs. I was taken off contract week before Christmas (2017) and my new job started 2 April. It was a huge gamble to fork out $4K for a boot camp, several testing aids, 11th Hour book, etc. and the $699 test with no guarantee of the outcome. Thankfully I passed on 29 March!

The $5K investment moves anyone willing to take the risk into the upper echelon of talent that recruiters are looking for. Just with the added verbiage of passing the CISSP exam I'm constantly barraged by recruiters and I do not have my "I'm looking" sign turned on.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It is extremely detrimental to your studies to think abou this as x% per domain. Please take this out of your mind. And NO, 700 does NOT mean 70%. See this link for a clear explanation on why your math does not apply.
  • ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thinking about the minimum will always yield minimal results. Not a good mindset to have.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I remembered reading the Frequently Asked Questions page about the new CAT style exam, so I referred back to it here:

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/CISSP-Cat

Q:What is the passing proficiency level?

A:The proficiency is defined here as “passing standard.” Candidates must score above the proficiency level in all Domains in order to pass the exam.
    • Below proficiency –below the passing standard
    • Near proficiency – close to the passing standard
    • Above proficiency - above the passing standard
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • bhanu_gopularambhanu_gopularam Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the answers and advise.