Options

Passed CRISC!

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took the exam on 5/5, received official results today. Exam took about 1.5 hours.

Scaled score is 558, a bit disappointed with those results.

IT Risk Identification

IT Risk Assessment

Risk Response and Mitigation

Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting

Clear what I need to work on.

Preparation
Just used the Q&A database.

Test day
Just as with the CISA and CISM, testing center had an issue when I tried to start the exam. Workstation hung on the first click through the agreement before starting the test. But that was the only problem during the test.

Thoughts
By the results, I have some gaps. Going through the Q&A database I was scoring in the 85-95% range by the day of the test. During the test it almost felt like a different material than the database. But based on the number of questions in the Q&A database, I probably got too used to the Q&A database questions.

Since taking the test, I've gone to local security summit which was really well done and I seem to be gravitating toward risk management topics. I intend to continue studying approaches to shore up my knowledge and understanding of this part of IT management since it interests me.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Regardless, congratulation on the pass! I will be getting ready for this next exam cycle.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations!

How long did you study with just the QAE DB? I'm planning to write it most likely early June. I'm blazing through the manual for the most part and going through the topics that weren't explicitly defined in CISSP and CISM.