Options

Err-Disable Recovery in Packet Tracer

zwillis1zwillis1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

Self-studying for CCENT 100-105 and one of the exam topics is:
  • 2.7 - Configure, verify, and troubleshoot port security
  • 2.7.f - Err-disable Recovery
Currently using the most up-to-date version of Packet Tracer 7.1. I've been watching Ken Bogart's videos and he didn't touch on Err-disable Recovery at all, so I decided to investigate for myself. Lammle's book didn't go over Err-disable Recovery at all either.

According to Cisco's Feature Navigator, they show that 2960 model Switches with version 12.2(25)FX [same one used in Packet Tracer] have both Err-disable Timeout & Err-disable Reactivation Per Port as available features. Also on Cisco's Knowledge Base they state specifically that Catalyst 2960 switches support the err-disable feature.

Although I am able to see err-disable ports (show int f0/1 ; line protocol is down (err-disabled)), but the err-disable recovery commands do not exist inside Packet Tracer. None of my Google searches can find any relevant information either, and now I'm wondering how there could be so much misinformation out there about this particular topic. Everyone I've talked to says Packet Tracer easily covers all information up to the CCNA level, but I'm already seeing this is not true.

Does anyone know any alternatives for practicing or reviewing err-disable recovery commands and functionality?

Thanks,
Zac

Comments