Options

Passed my Security+

De_RabbitDe_Rabbit Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello TechExams folks,

Just wanted to take this time to also write that I have also passed my Security+ exam!

I will admit that when I first took the exam, I failed it with a score of 677. I took a month to study for it again, and passed with a score of 765.

Many of the community here were spot on with the advice - don't use brain ****, actually take time to understand the material, and having a plan to conquer the exam. That was just a few of the advice. To each his own. You will pass the exam if you make time to study and work hard.

Initially, I did buy Darril Gibson's study guide to study, but I did not fully use it to its potential. After failing, I invested in the phone app and the online materials, which helped me greatly.

Good luck to all those taking the Security+

Resources Used:

1. Darril Gibson's SY0-401 Resources (Kindle textbook, Online Material, Education App)
2. Pluralsight
3. Transcender

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mmcabemmcabe Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Whats next?
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I'm planning on taking next month. Do u knw anywhere I can find voucher? Thanks
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice job on the pass De_Rabbit ! icon_thumright.gif
    Mdaud wrote: »
    Congrats. I'm planning on taking next month. Do u knw anywhere I can find voucher? Thanks

You can check the PearsonVue website to purchase a voucher, schedule your exam and find available testing centers nearest you.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    jamshid666jamshid666 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Rabbit!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security Estimated completion: May 2019
    Remaining courses: C846 (ITIL), C768 (OA), C850 (OA), C769 (Capstone)
    Active Certifications: A+, CCDA, CCNA-R&S, CCNA-Security, CIW-SDA, i-Net+, Network+, Project+, Security+, Server+, Splunk Certified User, VCP-DCV
    Expired Certifications: CCNP, LPIC-1, MCSE, RHCSE,
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I plan on working to get my MCSA: Windows 10 next.

Mdaud, if you haven't bought Darril Gibson's book, it comes with a voucher discount since he is a CompTIA partner. highly recommend
  • Options
    SamAyeAmSamAyeAm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How did Transcender help you prepare for the test?
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    shraddhasachanshraddhasachan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Dear :)
  • Options
    D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    SamAyeAm wrote: »
    Congrats! How did Transcender help you prepare for the test?

Before they were bought by Kaplan - Transcender gives you a bunch of exam questions and flashcards. I took a test everyday and reviewed the flashcards as much as I could.

Thanks again all for the support.
  • Options
    SSMILEZSSMILEZ Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□