How many CCNA's is enough?

thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would assume the law of diminishing returns applies once someone starts getting multiple CCNA's. At what point is it best to consider your CCNA count high enough to progress to CCNP's?
2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    2, maybe 3? After this your going off to sidetracks better dealt with by other vendors
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd probably just focus on ones that are being asked for jobs your going for or in what area your job entails. Anything else is almost pointless.
  • thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't really noticed anything more specific than "CCNA" in my area. But I want to keep my CCNA R&S current, and I don't really want to take the same exam again, hence the desire to study another track.

One reservation I have about going for CCNP is if I wanted/needed to do another CCNA later, that exam wouldn't renew the CCNP. So with the way Cisco has designed their renewal process, it seems to make sense once you move up a tier to not go back down. That said, I figure if there are any other CCNA's I should do, I should go ahead and do them before CCNP.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certs are just to impress recruiters. The question is, how well can a candidate answer during the technical interview.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got my Cyber Ops, now I'm moving to R/S then Security.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How many are enough? What's relevant in your position? If you're getting the CCNA: Wireless but never do anything related to wireless networks, it's probably not a good idea.

I guess it depends on your role, goals, etc.. Just follow the path that aligns with your career. For one person, that might be the CCNA: R&S is sufficient before moving onto the CCNP. For others, it might be the CCNA: R&S, Security, CyberOPS, then onto the CCNP R&S, Security, and onward.